Missing images in Body field

Peter Knight

Can you please provide a little more information about your website environment, to help someone to adequately troubleshoot your problem:

• ProcessWire version
  • Are you having this problem with any other ProcessWire installations?
  • When you first noticed this problem (i.e updated from 2.7.2 to 2.73.......)?
  • Any image modules you have installed other than what's available in the core.

Sorry - I was heading out and a bit speedy on the Submit butto.

Details below.

I have a site running on the same server with the same* PW version and Modules running which doesn't experience this issue.

Having said that, Site B is throwing an error in the Admin of following. Probably a separate issue?

Error: Class 'ProcessWire\ProcessCroppableImage' not found (line 170 of /var/www/vhosts/osk.ie/httpdocs/site/modules/ProcessCroppableImage/InputfieldCroppableImage/InputfieldCroppableImage.module) 

This error message was shown because: you are logged in as a Superuser. Error has been logged.

ProcessWire:

• 3.0.12 devns

Image Modules: 

• Images with cropping - V.1.0.3
  • FieldtypeCroppableImage - 0.8.3
  • Image Cropping tool - 1.0.2
  • ProcessCroppableImage - 0.8.4

Server:

• VPS running CentOS 6.3 (Final)‬

PHP version:

• 5.6.19 running PHP as Fast CGI application served by Apache

MySQL:

•  mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503

Pictures are saved in sub folders inside the folder assets. The first check you can do is to see if they are there in those subfolders. Then you can compare if they also exist as data in the database. This will tell you if it can be traced to

a storage or a database problem.

Pictures are saved in sub folders inside the folder assets. The first check you can do is to see if they are there in those subfolders. Then you can compare if they also exist as data in the database. This will tell you if it can be traced to

a storage or a database problem.

Will do although the picture DO appear when I view the saved pages through a browser. It's only in the Admin when a caption is added that they don't appear in the Body field.

I'll check the database though. Might be a clue there.

Ok I've found the culprit. 

When an image has a caption, the .figure selector, for some reason, has a 1px width in contents.css of the CK Editor CSS

figure {
    display: table;
    width: 1px;
    margin: 1em 0;
}

I'll check my other sites later.  Just to clarify - this is in the Admin itself. It's not a style I applied although if it's not what you all have them I'm curious how it got there.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Did you figure out where this is coming from?  What did you change it to?

On 29/03/2016 at 6:44 PM, Peter Knight said:

When an image has a caption, the .figure selector, for some reason, has a 1px width in contents.css of the CK Editor CSS

figure {
    display: table;
    width: 1px;
    margin: 1em 0;
}

4 hours ago, paulkoan said:

Did you figure out where this is coming from?  What did you change it to?

Hey Paul

I can't recall what I did in the end. I haven't edited that site in a long time.

I might have over-ridden the 1px width manually or just live with it.

Which version of PW are you experiencing this on? I encountered the issues again on a recent site so I'll look into it again.

15 hours ago, Peter Knight said:

Which version of PW are you experiencing this on? I encountered the issues again on a recent site so I'll look into it again.

This is on the latest in the 3.0 stable.  I just commented out the width: 1px and now the images are full width, but don't respect alignment settings or anything.  It seems that there isn't css for the alignment classes in figures, only for img.

• 1 year later...