Smart City Alliance

Arcturus

I'm happy to share the recent re-launch of the website for the Smart City Alliance, an organization that promotes knowledge sharing and collaboration between Alberta municipalities, academic institutions, technology advocacy groups and business.

Their previous website was built (oddly) as a Ruby-based application, and I managed to completely rebuild the site (while enhancing both the design and functionality) within a 2.5 week window while handling other projects.

View the site: http://smartcityalliance.ca/

- - - - - -

Front-End Fanciness:

- Fully responsive design

- SRCSet for key images

Modules in Action:

- AIOM+ (All In One Minify)

- Hanna Code

- Map Marker (Field Type)

- Twitter Feed Markup

Leverging Processwire:

- Powerful use of pagefields (for the tagging system)

- Advanced caching rules for all template types

- Easily generated a variety of specific RSS feeds

• Like 15

I like this site; simple, clean, and effective. Your html is formatted well too, which is always an seo plus.

The only thing missing is the "powered by" :)

Seriously, nice work. If I had to critique something, it would be the layout of 'alberta news' and 'twitter feed' content. It just 'looks' odd lineally separated. It only responds side by side at a very narrow-tolerance display width. Personally, I would make the side by side look for those two sections standard for all displays except the smallest.

Thanks guys.

I'll take a second look at the news/tweet section and a generator meta tag shouldn't present a problem.

Update 12/8/2015:

Just returned from vacation. Generator tags are now in place and I can see the design dissonance between the news and tweets. Will tweak as time permits.

• Like 1