Windows 2008R2 - IIS 7.5

BFD Calendar

I've spent weeks building a new ProcessWire website for the school where I work. Now they finally agree to put it online, they tell me they have a Windows 2008R2 hosting server with IIS 7.5 web server.... No .htaccess and no mod_rewrite, only URL rewrite by web.config.

Does this mean I can throw my weeks of work in the dustbin?

PW works fine on IIS versions 7 and 8 in conjunction with Microsoft's free URL Rewrite module. I just went live with a large intranet site on IIS 8. URL Rewrite even has an option to import htaccess files, and tweaking those rules (if necessary at all) is quite straight forward.

• Like 3

Well, they don't want to let me install ProcessWire because of security options. The server is a 'non-dedicated environment' and ProcessWire has no possibility to change write permissions on the Windows server. So they don't want to have the whole site write permissions. I could send the files by SFTP and then have someone else make or change the settings. Seems not very practical to me.

If anybody has more ammunition for me to try and convince them, let me know. I already directed them to the links mentioned above. Otherwise I'll just use a cheap hosting service and do my thing on my own.