Image upload problem

Joss

I have just had to update a couple of things on an older site (2.5.8) that I haven't touched for ages.

For some reason I cannot upload images into a single image field

it shows the image file name and says 100% but the image does not show and if I save the page the image is not there.

Never come across this problem before. Anyone any clues?

All the best

Joss

There are couple of reasons why this might happen, but I'd check the situation with your browser's dev tools first. If you look at the request related to uploading that image, specifically the Response tab (if using Chrome; Fox probably has something similar in place) do you see errors or other weird output there?

Actually I meant individual requests on the Network tab (again in Chrome dev tools, might be different in other browsers). Anyway, Internal Server Error sounds like there's an actual issue on the server, so response text might not uncover anything new :)

This could still be a result of a permission issue on the server, it could mean that the server runs out of memory (resizing large images can do this), or it could be something entirely different. Did you check the server error logs (and PW error log) already?

A more specific error message would help a lot here.

• 2 years later...