PW front end user profile

i have managed to login and logout and change password for user from PW front end with the help of

many thanks to @ryan

but now i need it little advance

1. i want to have option for login users to save some pages as FAV and can see in their profile.

how exactly i can do that ?

do i need to create some fields in users Template , how login users can press button on page to put as FAV & if he is not logged in it goto LOGIN Page.

2. and User Name and Phone Number and Pic in user profile.

In your template list, there's a collapsed filterform on the top, there you can enable the visibility of system templates. Then you can add fields to the user template. If you need to show those fields in the profile site of the admin backend you can enable them in the settings of the ProcessProfile module. To use them on the frontend there's no need to do that. 

As for the actual saving of the faves, you could use a page field, where you store the faved pages. 

• Like 1

Hello LostKobrakai,

thanks for your reply and i totally understand. but the only issue i am getting now is how to use AJAX to save page to page field.

i am trying but its not working.

can you help me some little code for link or button to use AJAX to save that page ID in pagefield of user profile?

You can call all the pages you normally use via ajax. In the corresponding templates php file you can check for ajax requests like this: 

//Not AJAX

Everything else is business as usual.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By benbyf
      Sure this has been asked a million times but cant find a simple answer.
      Trying to set the page to redirect to after login in the front end - i.e. not on the admin login page.
      some reason this works for super users but not normal users redirecting to a page which is viewable by members not guest role users.
      $showLoginError = false; if($input->post->user && $input->post->pass) { $username = $sanitizer->username($input->post->user); $pass = $input->post->pass; try { $session->login($username, $pass); // redirect user $session->redirect("/events/"); } catch (\Exception $e) { $showLoginError = true; } }  
    • By Eunico Cornelius
      Hi, I am new to process wire and I've been trying to change the date time format in my webpage according to its language selection(example: English 'd/m/y' , Deutsch: 'd.m.y'). I know that using 
      $datetime->getDateFormats(); we can achieve the type of formats in the shape of indexes. Also, by using 
      $user->language->id we can know which language we are using. How do I combine this two functions so that when I select English/Deutsch, the date will be adjusted accordingly?
      Is there a specific function that can do this or is there any provided index in the $user->language somewhere. Thanks in advance :).
    • By benbyf
      Strange question but I was wondering if it was possible to have more than one user with the same user name - or put in another way, allow the user to login with the same name but different passwords...?
    • By MarcoPLY
      I don't understand how I can customize the user-login profile. Some one can help me?
      I use the login/registration module. At moment user can only change password and email. I don't understand how add this other fields: I would like the user make the registration can edit their name, surname, city and other information.  If possible, the best things would be to use the same classes of Padloper in the way that during the checkout process the fields is are already filled out.
      Thank you!
    • By prestoav
      I have a site built with a user role 'member' that can view some extra 'member area' pages. I have a user with the role 'editor' that has been given 'user-admin' permission who can successfully generate new users. However, when they try to add / change a 'member' role password to a 'member' role they get the error:
      Unable to generate password hash Does anyone know how to assign the 'editor' role the permission to generate a password for other user types?