Recommended css framework, profile, and/or modules to create a similar website

Christophe

Hello,

I would like to have some advice on which css framework, profile, and/or modules to use in order to create a similar website: http://www.espacepolygone.com/

Particularly to create functionalities seen at http://www.espacepolygone.com/aep-2100.php and at http://www.espacepolygone.com/entreprise/743/abc-de-lauto/

Not everything is good on this website but I'd like to learn to create some of its functionalities.

Thanks in advance.

@totoff: yes, I was thinking about this one (and others), but was wondering which processwire profile version to use (there are at least 3 if I'm not mistaken). And also if it was better (or not) to "catch" the latest stable version and "convert" it to Processwire.

@Joss: I've already read your tutorial. I'll look at it again and see how I manage to do the "conversion". For the moment, I've only done one with HTML Kit, with a little help from its author at the very beginning.

Hi Christophe

Always best to use the latest version, however, nothing need converting.

When developing with a framework, I strongly suggest you start with the blank profile so you are not fighting against any existing systems.

Then, add the framework in exactly the same way as you would for a static site (so, using the authors recommendations), but in the /site/templates folder.

Next, I would suggest that using your home.php template you create a complete html page from <html> to </html>, just as suggested by the framework authors. Don't worry about anything ProcessWire, just put straight html in there.

Note; see my tutorial about referencing css and javascript - this is the only "conversion" you need.

Once that is all up and running, then you can split it up however you want to proceed. If this is all new to you, I suggest you just go for greating a head and foot and include them into the top and tail of your template. You will soon work out your own system.

By the way, if with Foundation you use the scss files and work in SASS, then Prepros is a very good, all in one windows/mac solution which works well - you wont need to install ruby or compass, it is all included.

• Like 3

Not sure for the moment if I'm going to start from scratch with the blank profile, from gebeer's profile and try to update it, or from ryan's Foundation 4 profile and try to update it the best I can.

My profile is based on Ryan's Foundation 4 profile. So I already did all the hard work of updating classes etc. to fit Foundation 5. If you are going to use my profile, please be aware that it uses SASS/SCSS. If you are not familiar with that it might take a little more effort to understand how things are working in the beginning.

One very lightweight and straight forward SASS/SCSS grid framework that I came across recently is GUFF. It has only a grid and some helpers and typography rhythm. Small, fast and perfect if you want to combine it with other mixins for buttons etc.

• 3 weeks later...