Add multiple images to template

mobility

Sorry for the newby question, but how do I add the ability to put multiple images into a template?

I go in and edit the template and it will let me add one image, but not a second or third, etc.  The option becomes faded out and not selectable.

Thanks in advance!

Do you really want to have multiple image fields; or do you just want the ability to add multiple images to the same image field?

The image fieldtype in ProcessWire supports multiple images - you just need to tell it so, when you go to Setup > Fields.

A template can only have one occurrence of a field added to it. If you want more - you can either create multiple fields of the same type and settings but different names, or use repeaters.

Have you read over the Images section of the documentation? It might help narrow down what you want to achieve.

• Like 4

Thanks all.  I think the setup > fields is probably what I am looking for.  I am just very new to processwire and will definitely read the documentation on images.  

Does allowing multiple uploads in this manner allow for tagging the images to use in different places on the page?  

Yes, you can call $pages->imagefield->first()->url or $pages->imagefield->eq(n)->url in separate spots in your template, but that doesn't mean it is easiest in all situations.

Typically using one images field with support for multiple images is good for sliders/carousels and image galleries, and for insertion into body text, but if you are talking about wanting to add a specific sidebar image and a main article image or similar setup, I would go with two separate image fields set to support only one image. It really depends on your scenario and what works best for you and your clients.

• Like 1