Light-years ahead

Patrik

Every time i read about some new amazing feature in a CMS, it's always stuff that is a totally natural part of Processwire and has been around and used by us PW folks for ages.

Read this for example.

http://alistapart.com/blog/post/longform-content-with-craft-matrix

And always, always!, there's some Wordpress guy in the comments saying: "You can do that with wordpress!". Yes, of course you can, but only with a bunch of ugly hacks and tweaks and 37 plugins that may play nice together if you're lucky.

I have split emotions about this. A bit of sadness - Processwire should be given much more attention and recognition. At the same time, I feel lucky for having discovered it.

What about you guys?

• Like 9

I discovered Processwire some weeks ago and i love it. I´m implementing 3 sites for my customers. I´m working on my first module, wallpapers,etc. I hate e-commerces or social sites made with Wordpress. Wordpress is a blog cms (44mb approximately). A lot of plugins, widgets and third-party themes that are not necessary in processwire or other cms. I love this community and the Processwire´s code and I hopes it will be the wiiner of a lot of rewards soon. 

• Like 5

Processwire should be given much more attention and recognition. At the same time, I feel lucky for having discovered it.

What about you guys?

+1 Couldn´t have said it better.

Coming from all kind of cms'es (modx) out there that I tried out in the past, I ended up with processwire.

No third party framework bounded to a cms architecture but api using php directly as language and framework.

Giving you all the playground and freedom you can wish (and speed)

• Like 3

Wordpress is a blog cms

Yes, exactly. It's (still) a blogging platform, but for some reason considered a cms. It's like slapping a monitor onto a typewriter and calling it a computer. Well, almost :)

• Like 3

Yes, exactly. It's (still) a blogging platform, but for some reason considered a cms. It's like slapping a monitor onto a typewriter and calling it a computer. Well, almost :)

Are you telling me that my computer is not a computer?     :lol:
Microsoft office is my default php editor because the people know it. The plot against wordpress 
  • Like 1

Every time i read about some new amazing feature in a CMS, it's always stuff that is a totally natural part of Processwire and has been around and used by us PW folks for ages.

Read this for example.

http://alistapart.com/blog/post/longform-content-with-craft-matrix

I've read this a few days ago. While of course you could implement this behavior, this is what I missed in ProcessWire for a long time. A field like this matrix thing, where one could freely combine different preselected content-types. In the current dev version you could mimic this with PageTables, but it's still not quite as convenient, as it's in Craft, because most of the information is hidden in the page-lightboxes. Also you do have the hassle to always provide a pagename for each contentblock. 

I use PageTables on my own website at kobrakai.de/sense/, where I can freely arrange video-, image or issuu-content. But it seems so overkill to have a page / lightbox for only an image or a video-/issuuid, just to be able to freely change the order of the apperance. To me the shown matrix-field is kinda like the perfect mixture of repeaters and PageTables.

• Like 4