500 Internal Server Error Cpanel/Processwire

mosravo

I have hosted, Processwire on a Cpanel, but when i lunch my site this is what i see below, i need help on how to fix this, i have tried all that i know being that i am a newbeit. i read something on haccess but cant really figure it out how to comment somethings and how many lines to comment. bellow is the error screent.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@mcalleluyashow.kasaleng.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.9 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.mcalleluyashow.mil.nf Port 80

Hi and welcome mosravo,

what have you done before?

Have you copied pw files into the webroot or into a subfolder?

Have you started the installer routine?

... what more ?

Edit:

So I'm not very well with this server stuff, but I know that some more information is needed / maybe useful for people who knows about it. And sooner or later they will come in here. :)

Edited by horst

Internal Server Errors are in 99% of the cases related to .htaccess.

The thing is that some servers don't support some .htaccess commands.

My approach would be to go through the .htaccess file and comment lines out (putting a # in front of the line). Then reload your page. If it won'T work - go to the next line and put a # in front of it. Until you don't get this error anymore. Then remove the placed # again because now you should now which line caused the error and put the # only in front of this line.

--

Otherwise maybe the search function takes you further (because this is a really common question): https://www.google.de/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=site%3Aprocesswire.com%20error%20500&safe=off

If you can view your site's homepage but get that error on all others, then it is most likely the RewriteBase setting in the .htaccess file. Try uncommenting the first option to start with. If your site is in a subfolder, then create a new option like the second example provided and try that.

Should be pretty easy to sort out.

Has your apache version changed recently?

I just got a 500 Internal Server error on my Godaddy vps and this is why, not sure if this will help you or not.  (My other vps worked fine.)

I was doing a new processwire install, and Godaddy was missing pdo, and gd so I did an easy apache rebuild in WHM.  Then the install.php file stopped loading and started throwing a 500 error.

I opened up cpanel and looked in my error log and it said:  

.htaccess: Invalid command 'SetEnv', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

I am planning on redoing easy apache and making sure the Env module is selected!  I will let you know if that fixes mine!

What is bad, is it is suppose to start with your previous config, so I am not sure how this box gets unchecked!  Could be a bug!

Edit:  Yes, checking the ENV checkbox did fix my 500 issue!

• Like 1

In many cases it's just the RewriteBase directive in the .htaccess. The first thing I do after every PW installation is to comment it in:

From this:

# RewriteBase /

to this:

RewriteBase /

Ok, let me know what your error log says!  That should say what they are missing.  Or you could try another web host!  I think liquid web, hostgator and known host all work out of the box.  VPS gives you much more control than a shared host as well, but it should work either way.

Thanks joer80 for your relentless replies. i contacted my host and i discover it has been fixed,the default page is now working, which is the home page.The other linked pages are not working like the home page. i don't really know why, can someone help? the site url still remain.

http://mcalleluyashow.mil.nf/

Thanks, when i am true, i will definitely add the url on this link (forum)

• Like 1

Hello Pals(Developers/Webdesigners/Programmers) i am glad to announce to you that the site is now functional and everything is cool though i am still working on some things to add up. Am very grateful for your support. The site url is www.mcalleluya.mil.nf

• Like 1

Just a couple of quick comments for you.

1. www.mcalleluya.mil.nf doesn't work, but http://mcalleluyashow.mil.nf/ does
  2. There is a broken image at: http://mcalleluyashow.mil.nf/mc/categories/introductory/

Congrats on getting the site live!

Adrain thanks, the link http://mcalleluyashow.mil.nf/ is working fine now and you can view it, i do appreciate for your support and the rest of your guys. kudos

• 2 weeks later...