processwire on cloud9

t-no

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone had tried "playing" with processwire in the cloud9 IDE? 

As I just got my chromebook, with its limitations, I tried to get processwire working on cloud9, which gives me a mySQL server setup without password, which the processwire install-script doesn't accept.

When I remove the install.php file in the main directory and install directory in the wire directory and edit the config.php file in the site directory, adding the database configuration, I get some error about mySQL (I don't recall which one at the moment, sorry)

So has anybody tried this and if succesfully, how? 

Kind Regards

Tino van Uffelen

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know about the password problem, but what kind of server do they provide? Is it Apache? Does the .htaccess work on it?

You might also want to have a look at https://koding.com/, I've installed PW sucessfully there, here is a small explanation (it's old though) on how http://processwire.com/talk/topic/2348-koding/?p=22461

As I just got my chromebook, with its limitations, I tried to get processwire working on cloud9, which gives me a mySQL server setup without password, which the processwire install-script doesn't accept.

When I remove the install.php file in the main directory and install directory in the wire directory and edit the config.php file in the site directory, adding the database configuration, I get some error about mySQL (I don't recall which one at the moment, sorry)

I don't have definitive answers either, but it sounds a lot like you're not doing something properly; what do you mean by removing install.php, are you trying to install PW "manually" without it by simply renaming site-default directory to site and adding DB config to site config? If that's the case, I'd double check that you're actually doing everything install.php does for you, i.e. importing site SQL, creating superuser account etc.

Another thing to note is that MySQL password limitation you mentioned has been fixed in dev branch, so I'd strongly suggest that you try installing it instead of master branch. It's quite stable already (I've been using it for my own site for months without any serious issues) and contains many small fixes and some very nice additions too when compared to master.

Edit: if this doesn't help, posting the DB error you're getting would be very helpful. Without that we can only guess what could be wrong :)

Edited by teppo

thanks for the replies, and sorry for the late response, I already kind of gave up on cloud9 and got it working on the above mentioned koding ide without mayor problems but as I'm still figuring things out on my chromebook I'm still going to try and get processwire installed on cloud9. So tommorow I'll give the stable branch another go and read through all the info on manual installs and if that doesn't work I'm going to switch to the dev branch.

I'll post my experiences here

Tino

• Like 1