I'm so stuck :(

ioio

Ok, so I need to do an event calendar :)

People would click on a date and see the event displayed in the sidebar.

And it has to have google maps integrated so people can get there easily...

But if I ask you to help me I feel like you people will do my project :))

So...I started to learn PHP...because I don't know what properties and methods to use.

And on top of that I see another project coming...a kind of blog with forum which needs to have a cart too...

+ I need to change some other presentation site....

Oh well...where do I start :)

One question at a time, I suggest.

A good starting point would be to create the fields and template you think you will need to store the information for the event calendar - name of event, postcode, details, website, date start time, date end time, and so on.

Once you know what actual information you are dealing with, then it is less of a mountain to climb.

The next step will be to work out how you want your calendar displayed - this is the bit that kind of got me twisted up, but anything is possible.

That is the bit that might cause you the most grief and will probably see you back here asking questions!

Joss

• Like 1

for your event calendar, you have to consider how many calendar-type features you need; with PW you can sometimes integrate other scripts, for example this is a very full-featured calendar:

http://smartphpcalendar.com

as far as forum, that's also something that i would integrate from another script; (ip board is nice!)

likewise for shopping cart (i use foxycart, but Shopify is also great and Ecwid is a discreet ecommerce system that can 'float' on any site with a few lines of code).

you can take apart the blog profile if you want to build your own blog using PW, or use that profile as a starting point

• Like 1