how do I implement support for iframe in HTML mode?

ozznixon

I did a few searches, however, was not able to find this - so sorry if I am repeating someone else's topic!

Today, I was asked to add an iframe to one of our pages - so we could push into the page data from another solution on the server. When I click on the

button, and do <iframe ...></iframe> and click update it is removed.

Is there an easy way for a processwire beginner (but am a programmer) to implement support for this? (no idea where to look/tweak).

Thanks a lot!

Ozz

Hi ozznixon,

The settings for TinyMCE are located in the field settings for whichever field you want to add this capability to. So, for the body field, go into Setup > Fields > body. Then go to the "INPUT" tab and click on "TinyMCE Advanced Configuration Options".

You'll want to edit the valid_elements to allow for iframes. I don't know off the top of my head how to do this... but if you're okay with allowing ALL elements, you can replace everything in the field with *[*] and that will allow iframes along with everything else. I usually do this although some people would caution against it... It really depends on how much power you want to give your editors.

• Like 2