valan

integer field with minimal value = 0 doesn't work

Privet! I've just found that if you create integer field with minimal allowed value 0 (zero), then it doesn't save it. As a result, input accepts negative values even with HTML5 input type. Is it a bug or feature?

Where are you setting the min in the html5 tag or is there a setting in the fieldtype? 

Hi! I'm setting it in field admin (e.g. Setup->Fields->myIntegerField->Input->Minimum value).

hmm, sounds like a bug, because zero is an integer. a workaround may be to leave the min blank in the fieldtype and use min="0" in the html5 tag in your template. 

<input type="number" name="quantity" min="0">

dharmanerd, thanks! It works for own templates but doesn't work in page admin frontend. Perhaps Rayan should look at it. Thanks!

yep, I didn't think about that and my workaround doesn't do you any good in this case. 

I had a look at the module and this is by design, but I don't think Ryan had considered the case where you may want a zero, but not negative numbers. I think it needs to be submitted as a bug.

In the meantime, try commenting line 30 in wire/core/modules/InputField/InputfieldInteger.module and let me know if that works.

• Like 1

Minor correction: it's wire/modules/InputField/InputfieldInteger.module

I've had reporting this issue on my todo-list for a while.. current behavior is obviously a bit off, as there are quite a few situations where you want to allow positive numbers or a zero :)

I'll report it and submit a patch when I get a chance. How do we report bugs? Git? 

GitHub is great way to go. Forum is fine too, specially when you are not sure if it's a bug or not (so more people looks for it and maybe tries to reproduce).

Hi,

On GitHub it's posted as solved, although I still get that problem with integer fields on Form Builder.

Anybody still having that problem?

On 9/3/2018 at 4:16 AM, lenoir said:

Hi,

On GitHub it's posted as solved, although I still get that problem with integer fields on Form Builder.

Anybody still having that problem?

Bring up your Form Builder related issue in the Form Builder VIP Forum