modifying the Skyscrapers profile for a realty company project

OrganizedFellow

I am modifying the Skyscrapers profile for a pretend realty company. It seems well suited to the job + this seems like a superb way to "get to know PW" further.

I thought I'd simply replace height with square footage. Floors and year opened will be replaced with number of bedrooms/bathrooms + year built. I haven't started yet :)

A very time consuming part appears to be the part related to replacing all the skyscraper images with my own.

What is the easiest way to replace all images in Skyscrapers profile with my own?

I'm looking at a sql dump of the project and it looks like there are 71 mentions of '.jpg' under the `field_images` table, data column. But when I do a search for any of these file names (for example: sears1.jpg, westin.jpg, marriott3.jpg) in my actual folder/file structure, they are not found.

What would be the simplest way to replace all the images with my own?

I think the best way would be to do this with a bit of code. Use a selector to find all the pages with images you want to edit, iterate through them all, remove the existing image, and then just add your own. For example:

$pages = wire('pages')->find("template=property");
foreach ($pages as $page)
{
    $page->images->deleteAll();
    $page->images->add("http://images.com/image1.jpg");
    $page->save();
}

I haven't tested that on a site, but you get the idea. You could have that code in a template file, or in a separate PHP file and include ProcessWire - as explained here.

• Like 1

OF, I think you are confusing the Blog Profile and the Skyscrapers profile. Those images are in the latter, not the former :). For instance, westin.jpg is here: /site/assets/files/4179 and marriott3.jpg at /site/assets/files/4190 :D

Thank you, my mistake, I should have caught that.

I think the best way would be to do this with a bit of code. Use a selector to find all the pages with images you want to edit, iterate through them all, remove the existing image, and then just add your own. For example:

{
    $page->save();
}

I haven't tested that on a site, but you get the idea. You could have that code in a template file, or in a separate PHP file and include ProcessWire - as explained here.

Thanks, I will give that a shot later today.

The deleteAll() is actually a queued call that occurs when the page is saved. As a result, you might need to add $page->save() right after the deleteAll() call, just so that it doesn't end up deleting the newly added image too. 

• Like 2

The deleteAll() is actually a queued call that occurs when the page is saved. As a result, you might need to add $page->save() right after the deleteAll() call, just so that it doesn't end up deleting the newly added image too. 

I havent gotten around to it yet Ryan (busy week with the kiddos). Could ya provide me with a code snippet to make this work?

I think Ryan means this:

{
    $page->save();
    $page->save();
}
  • Like 4