Where is the Language Support Page Names module settings screen

NikNak

V V sorry if this is obvious, but I have seen the grab from Ryan of what the LanguageSupportPageNames settings page should look like, but cannot for the life of me find where to access it.

I can see that the module is installed (using PW 2.3.0) but there is no link to the settings in the setup tab, or anywhere else I've looked.

Any guidance much appreciated.

Regards

Nik

NikNak,

Welcome to PW and the forums! I haven't used this module myself and I can't remember the screenshot you are referring to. However, in many cases, module settings can be accessed by clicking on the "gears" icon that you see when you are viewing the list of modules on your site (the icon just before the module version number). Did you try that? 

Or, if using Modules Manager...the "edit" link should take you to the settings page of that module (I think?)

Edited by kongondo

Hi there

Thanks for the advice, but in this case it doesn't help.

The module settings are mentioned in the lower areas of this page: http://processwire.com/api/multi-language-support/multi-language-urls/

post-1696-0-56119500-1376920965_thumb.pn

Ryan mentions it here:

http://processwire.com/talk/topic/2979-multi-language-page-names-urls/page-5#entry39106

post-1696-0-94521600-1376921102_thumb.pn

I can access the languages module setup - but it only has fields for the language 'name'

post-1696-0-55697900-1376921376_thumb.pn

post-1696-0-92829500-1376921408_thumb.pn

I'm a bit of a noob here - and this is my first pw project after switching from cmsms.

Kind regards

Nik

Hi NikNak,

Kongondo is right. You'll find the settings here: Modules > Language Support > Page names

Problem is that you maybe have an older version of this module where the settings aren't there yet. So I suggest to update to the latest dev version of ProcessWire.

A lot of commits were updates to this module.

Cheers

Ah - that would make sense. I had tried updating to dev a while back as an experiment, and everything went horribly wrong, and I had to revert. 

I'll give it another try, and if that fails - I'll wait for the next stable release.

Many thanks

Nik

I can update and unupdate without problems between stable and dev. There's been quite some changes now from stable to dev, but none that caused any major problems so far.

But maybe if you're installing and uninstalling language support modules along with that, it can screw up things, but even that I've been doing all the time with my test install and it's still running fine.

Maybe if you could tell what went so horribly wrong, we can tell you more. :)

It was only a test before - just to see if it worked - I made no effort to see what might have been wrong, I just reverted straight away.  It was probably just me being dumb.

When I try it again, I will post any issues I have. 

Kind regards - and thanks all for the welcome!

Nik