eltikon.online

DrewPH

Here's a site from someone new to ProcessWire. I've been developing with PHP and WordPress for donkeys years, but decided to try building a site with PW to see if it might be a better platform choice for the kind of sites and apps I build these days. Spoiler alert: it is.

https://www.eltikon.online/ 

I'm not holding this site up as any kind of design example - it's a really, really basic hobby blog. What's more important to me is that I managed to build it from scratch in PW (previously it was a WordPress site) in about 20 hours, starting with zero PW experience, and my templates folder is really tidy with just a few small, well-structured PHP files. And that 20 hours includes sorting out the RSS feed, the XML sitemap, the SEO, etc etc.

So my reason for posting is really to say that I found the PW architecture and methodology instantly comfortable and intuitive, and PW is going to be the first platform I consider for most future builds. It fits with my "hate visual builders, love coding" methodology, and I aim to get the ProFields Repeater Matrix module, since Advanced Custom Fields Pro's flexible content field has been at the core of all my WordPress sites for ages.

Site details: I started with a clean install of PW 3.0.229 and the "site-simple-blog" site profile by tcnet, which I proceeded to completely rip apart and rebuild as part of the learning process. Non-core modules installed are SeoMaestro and ProcessPageViewStat, nothing else.

• Like 7