Weekly update and new blog post – 28 June 2024

ryan

This week a need came up in a client project. The client's team wanted to be able to navigate to their tours (pages) in the admin page-list by different criteria (operator, brand, boat, etc.). You can do this in Lister already (filtering by page references), but the client was looking for some predefined navigation paths in the main page list, as they thought this would be a helpful and time saving optimization, as they spend a lot of time in ProcessWire. They don't always know the exact tour at first, so starting from an operator, brand or boat helps them get to where they want to go more quickly. Once implemented, I thought it was actually quite useful for a lot of situations so decided to develop it into a module on my own time, and that's now available for download in the modules directory. I've published a new blog post that describes it more and covers all the details—

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/page-list-custom-children-module/

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Awesome module @ryan!

Could the module include an option to style custom children differently to genuine children? Or maybe add a special class to custom children items so we can target them in custom admin CSS. And for advanced cases, a hookable method so custom children items could be identified and potentially modified when rendered in Page List.

• Like 9

Haven't played with it yet, but I already love it - and I would pay for it when it solves the issues I face in a project right now, to be honest.

A recipe collection with only 200 recipes in 20 categories/cuisines/styles is already hard to manage. I have ProLister but THIS here... is a real game changer.

Update:

It works as I imagined. Those Kategorien (categories) now list all those recipes (from Low Carb Rezepte) that were assigned by a page reference field.

It's great/awesome/whatever!

2024-06-29_23-43.png.fe14c91f54848e72ddaa9fa2243602a9.png

Edited by wbmnfktr
Added details after first try
  • Like 5