Issues with modules after migration

Purple

Hey all !

I've worked with Processwire to create websites for a while now, so I sort of know my way around, but this time I'm stuck.
I've started a migration the other day, following these steps :

1. install PW
  2. Empty site folder and DB
  3. upload site folder
  4. upload root .htaccess
  5. Upload DB in OVH
  6. empty cache and sessions ( /site/assets/cache/*/*.* & /site/assets/sessions/*/*.*)
  7. update site/config.php (DB + httpHosts)

This worked at first, only admin url would return a fatal error with a list of missing modules. It appeared that the DB was the problem. Then I tried again but with reuploading the BD from new pw installation, with BDbackup module. This created reverse situation, admin working, but website returning same error, which is :

Erreur fatale: Uncaught TypeError: LanguageTranslator::textdomainTemplate(): Argument #3 ($translations) must be of type array, null given, called in wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageTranslator.php on line 514 and defined in wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageTranslator.php:138

#0 wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageTranslator.php (514): LanguageTranslator->textdomainTemplate(NULL, NULL, NULL)
#1 wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageTranslator.php (338): LanguageTranslator->loadTextdomain('wire--modules--...')
#2 wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageTranslator.php (312): LanguageTranslator->___getTranslation('wire--modules--...', 'Name', '')
#3 wire/core/LanguageFunctions.php (210): LanguageTranslator->getTranslation('/home/macbwberw...', 'Name', '')
#4 wire/modules/Inputfield/InputfieldName.module (16): __('Name', '/home/macbwberw...')
#5 [internal function]: InputfieldName::getModuleInfo()
#6 wire/core/Modules.php (2752): call_user_func(Array)
#7 wire/core/Modules.php (3026): Modules->getModuleInfoInternal('InputfieldName', '\')
#8 wire/core/Modules.php (5157): Modules->getModuleInfo('InputfieldName', Array)
#9 wire/core/Modules.php (572): Modules->saveModuleInfoCache()
#10 wire/core/ProcessWire.php (755): Modules->triggerInit()
#11 wire/core/Wire.php (413): ProcessWire->___init()
#12 wire/core/WireHooks.php (952): Wire->_callMethod('___init', Array)
#13 wire/core/Wire.php (484): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(ProcessWire), 'init', Array)
#14 wire/core/ProcessWire.php (889): Wire->__call('init', Array)
#15 wire/core/ProcessWire.php (645): ProcessWire->__call('init', Array)
#16 wire/core/ProcessWire.php (593): ProcessWire->setStatus(2)
#17 wire/core/ProcessWire.php (315): ProcessWire->load(Object(Config))
#18 index.php (52): ProcessWire->__construct(Object(Config))
#19 {main}
thrown (ligne 138 de wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageTranslator.php)

Ce message d'erreur apparaît car : vous êtes connecté en tant que Superuser. L'erreur a été enregistré dans l'historique.

The wierd part is, when a page returns that error, it triggers all the pages (that used to work a second before) to do te same, and nothing works at all.
Did I miss something in migration of the modules ?

Does that feel familiar to anybody ?
Any magic solutions I haven't thought of ?

• Like 1

I should also say : my dev version of Pw was 3.0.210.
I've also just tried simply dumping my whole dev folder (site and wire and all) into the wanted migration location, and the whole website (pages requiring module included) work fine. Now it's only the pages requiring modules in the admin that crash, and attempting to refresh the admin module page crashes the whole situation again (website and admin).

• Like 1

Thanks for your answers… elabx : the dev version was on the same server, with the same 8.0 php version.

Unfortunalty I can't get back to dev version to try thoses modules which looks greats… I will really consider using it in the future.

So know, the problem seems to be linked with modules downloaded, when I complete my blank installation of PW, then I upload on the server my site folder then if I tried to refresh from the module section, the whole site (admin and site) crashes with the same error shown in my first message. And before I tried to refresh, my admin panel says that the module exist in database but can't be found in the server. I feel like something is written in database that is irreversible and causes the fatal error. When restoring the DB by uploading my dev version, the site gets back to 'normal', until I tried to refresh the module and crash again.

Edited by Purple

Ohw! I made a blank installation with the PW version of my dev (3.0.210), then I used the BDDBackups module, then add my site folder, then my modules one by one, and it works… so it probably came from this version very important compatibility I guess…