RockMonthly Newsletter

bernhard

I've often heard people say "It's hard to keep track" with all the updates to my modules. That's why I work on the DEV branch now in all of my modules for one month and then merge the changes into MAIN and create a new release that lists all new features and bug fixes.

If you are interested you can sign up here: https://www.baumrock.com/rock-monthly/

🚀🤘🎸

• Like 5

Not sure if I'll post every issue here, but at least here's the first one 😎

---

Hey there, RockStar developers! 🚀

What's new in the Rock Universe?

🔥 baumrock/AdminStyleRock v1.3.0

Make your ProcessWire backend truly yours with the latest AdminStyleRock update! Version 1.3.0 brings a super cool feature that allows you to effortlessly set a custom logo in the ProcessWire backend. Your admin experience just got a whole lot snazzier! 😎

fB3kDHzFpaYbQqXN_ZBEOKjF.png

🌟 baumrock/RockFrontend v3.3.0

Get ready for greatness with RockFrontend v3.3.0! We've introduced exciting new features, including static site rendering and a nifty view-folder feature. The top bar's hidden style has been polished for that sleek look. While we're working on documenting these gems, be sure to explore and experiment with these additions! 📚

🚀 baumrock/RockShell v2.1.0

Our new db:download command streamlines database management even more. And here's a treat: an alias for your laptop lets you simply call "rockshell db:pull staging." Say goodbye to the lengthy commands and hello to efficiency! 🖥️

🛠️ baumrock/RockMigrations v3.29.0

Prepare to be wowed by RockMigrations v3.29.0! This version brings a fresh approach to shipping your modules with custom page classes. Plus, our new path helper methods ensure your paths are on point, with normalized separators and no more pesky multiple slashes.

Another really helpful feature was added to RockMigrations this month, but then removed because it's now part of TracyDebugger itself! Say hello to the "Redirect Info" section in the "Request Info" panel!

xt5DBCEUXWyR6qY96ZfE91iZYQZRMZCH6CrH3JUo.png

Have you ever been redirected by something and didn't know why? That belongs to the past as you can now clearly see that the redirect was triggered by line 3 in /site/templates/home.php

🎁 Sneak Peek: Exciting Commercial Modules

We've got some fantastic updates brewing for our commercial modules, slated for release soon. Brace yourselves for RockCommerce, the power behind the shop on baumrock.com, where you'll find our incredible modules up for grabs. And speaking of modules, RockPdf has been making monumental strides. It's now responsible for crafting the invoices that accompany every order. 🛍️

📣 Stay Connected:

As we rock and roll into the future of development, there's plenty more where this came from. Stay tuned for more exciting updates, innovative features, and game-changing modules that will take your projects to new heights.

Thank you for being part of our developer community. Your passion and feedback keep us strumming along. Until next month, keep coding and keep rocking on! 🎶🤘

Keep rocking,
Bernhard

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @bernhard

On 8/11/2023 at 10:33 PM, bernhard said:

I've often heard people say "It's hard to keep track" with all the updates to my modules. That's why I work on the DEV branch now in all of my modules for one month and then merge the changes into MAIN and create a new release that lists all new features and bug fixes.

If you are interested you can sign up here: https://www.baumrock.com/rock-monthly/

🚀🤘🎸

I can't connect to the website. Blank page only.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Just sent out the October Newsletter and at the moment we're holding at 49 subscribers, one being myself 😛 and basically stagnating since last month (+1).

Not sure if the newsletter is helpful for anybody, but I try my best to provide interesting content. Here are some numbers from the first two issues:

EhuQxNL.png

If anybody has some ideas, feedback or other input feel free 🙂 

The first two issues were basically written by ChatGPT with some minor manual tweaks. The input came from a RockShell script that scans all my repos and then creates a log and lists all commits. ChatGPT did a quite good job in converting these into some nice sentences.

This months version I decided to put more manual work into it. There have been less commits and so it was possible to give it a more personal touch.

Have a great month!

PS: It's not too late 😛  https://www.baumrock.com/rock-monthly/ 😉 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, bernhard said:

If anybody has some ideas, feedback or other input feel free

Content-wise... a great update, as I am not that often around here right now.
The moment my latest projects are done, or at least in review, or... short before release I will drop you a message as RockPageBuilder sounds interesting.
But right before that I have to try RockMigrations and RepeaterMatrix support - as those are spread around so many projects of mine. 😱

Besides that... there is one thing you could look into right now:

baumrock-newsletter.thumb.png.6ecbf9030402e9dcce02ce25fb784106.png

Screenshot: Thunderbird 115.3.1 (Linux)

Readability. It's quite hard to read due to those tight line-heights, and maybe the foreground/background contrast could be smoother.
Yet, line-height is an real issue for me here.
I wanted to read it, so I did. Otherwise I'd probably just ignored the mail (if it wasn't from you).

Oh... and you better send a newsletter the moment your new website is ready!

• Like 2