Internal server error, and many Exceptions

Krlos

Hello, A client informed me that his website was giving error, I went to check and everything was ok. I then went to check the processwire logs and found the following:

Many of this:

1 hora antes
27-06-2023 12:59:48 	- 	? 	SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1021 Disk full (/tmp/#sql-temptable-3dd889-8a7ab0-0.MAI); waiting for someone to free some space... (errno: 28 "No space left on device")
In /wire/core/WireSaveableItemsLookup.php line 68

And many of this:

1 hora antes
27-06-2023 13:04:32 	- 	? 	SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections
In /wire/core/ProcessWire.php line 494

About 50 Exceptions in a 2 hours span.

Then I checked if there was space in Cpanel and there was no hard drive problem in cpanel.

What has happened here?

Regarding the disk space: Can you SSH in to the server and check the available disk space using the following command `df -h`? Is there still space on the /tmp mount point? (Look for the %use space column in the /tmp row and make sure it isn't full.)

To start diagnosing the second issue, you can type "How can I start to diagnose this issue "SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections"" into a free chatGPT connector like bingblong. It should give you some solid starting points.

Regarding bingblong - it's a good, free connector, but you might want to install ublock origin before you use it. Alternatively just sign up for a regular free chatGPT account.

• Like 1

To add informations on Steve suggestions, and avoid more troubleshooting than necessary, as you are running out of space, the second issue "SQLSTATE[08004] [1040] Too many connections" is certainly due to lack of disk space.

The explanation is:  lack of disk space make MySQL waiting before INSERT, UPDATE, etc, can complete and then increase the number of pending connections until the limit of `max_connection` is reached.

For checking disk usage you might want to use a better tool like duf (muesli/duf/releases) to get a nice insight of disk usage (you will might not be able to install it due to the issue, just remove some log files to get a bit space, you require less than 900kb).

duf.png

• Like 3