Padloper 2 Update: March 2022

kongondo

Padloper 2 has received a number of updates, pushing it closer to a production release. 

Stripe

Finished the Stripe payment gateway. It is based on the latest Stripe Payment Intents + Stripe Elements. The Stripe Elements widget is fully configurable (UI). I will be updating the docs about this. You can test this now in the demo site. Make sure to read 'about' first here. If upgrading, there are a number of simple steps (actually just one simple step). Just create a page titled Stripe in the admin under the payment gateways parent page.  Currently, it is not possible to create a payment gateway using the GUI.

Shipping Rate Selection

If more than 1 shipping rates are matched, the checkout form will now present the customer with a form to select their preferred rate (e.g. express - €5, standard - €2, etc.). [I have just noticed a bug if using the inbuilt form with this; I'll fix asap]. You can test this by adding this product to the basket and selecting Kenya as the shipping country.

Variants

The demo site and the starter site have been updated to show how to handle products with variants - adding to basket, checkout, etc. You can test by adding this product or this Padloper [fake] product to the basket. Pay using Stripe and you'll even get to download Padloper! OK, file's fake, obviously.

Reports

View and functionality is now ready. Powered by htmx. Hoping to create a demo video of this and other backend views soon.

Downloads

This was not ready in the last release. it is now. Test with 'Padloper' product linked to above. If upgrading, you will need to install the related Fieldtype + add it to the download template. I'll write up about this separately.

Bug Fixes

Fixed a number of bugs.

Docs

I've updated the docs in some places.

New Requirement

I have added a new requirement for PHP BC Math Extension. Currently, Padloper will not work without this. Otherwise we have never-ending pennies/cents rounding errors. Whole libraries have been created just on this one issue; just Google it. BC Math solves it for us. 

Pending

1. Manual Order Creation: this has been a difficult but getting close to finishing it up.
  2. Documentation: Especially the most pertinent. 
  3. Some minor bug fixes.
  4. Some PayPal indempotency + rounding issues! If anyone knows how to pass  amounts as pennies/cents to PayPal instead of whole currencies, please let me know. It used to work with the old API. I haven't been able to find how to do this in the latest API and checkout SDK. 

Production Release

My plan is to release a stable version in March 2022. Beta testing has finished. Thank you all who've participated.

Edit: making the demo site pretty and perform better on smaller screens is still on my todo. It's not urgent though. Thanks.

Edited by kongondo
fixed issues
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@kongondo Nice work on the advancements!! I've been a wee bit busy, so haven't had much chance to further my setup. Do the beta testers have access to your latest updates? If so where would I grab the latest package from?

Hope all is well your side! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexm said:

Do the beta testers have access to your latest updates?

Hi @alexm,

Definitely. Please use the download links that got sent to your email after the purchase. If that never came through, please use this form to request the links to be sent to your the email you used when you made your purchase. Alternatively, please PM me or send me an email and I'll sort it out for you. Thanks.

1 hour ago, alexm said:

I've just tried to access it via the link with my code etc but it goes to the attached page.

Apologies I wasn't clear. I meant the link that was sent to your email when you purchased Padloper 2. Please let me know if you cannot find it and I'll send it to you. Alternatively, please use the resend link form I linked to above. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi @alexm,

Thanks for reporting. I saw the line #2132 the other day and couldn't figure out where it had come from. Must have been some botched find and replace. I have checked all files now and removed the ones in InputfieldPadloperProductStock.php. 

Does removing them allow you to install? What PHP version are you using. I am wondering why mine did not throw any errors.

ps: Please check your email, thanks.

I actually installed it on an instance which was running PHP 7.2 which is incompatible with PadLoper as I found out after I installed.

Once I had removed them I refreshed the modules page and all PL modules were listed properly. However, perhaps due to the fact it tripped up on the Order module installation, the table for order status wasn't created. Not a massive issue.

Screenshot 2022-03-30 at 10.19.22.png

1 hour ago, alexm said:

However, perhaps due to the fact it tripped up on the Order module installation, the table for order status wasn't created. Not a massive issue.

This was a bug. Just fixed it now. Thanks.

• Like 1

@kongondo I've tried uninstalling and removing the modules, and re-installing with the updated modules without the trailing commas but I get Modules: Failed to init module: Padloper - SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'pw.padloper_order_status' doesn't exist

Have you any advice on how to clear this all out completely manually so I can re-install afresh. Many Thanks

@kongondo ah no, I'm using the last link you emailed me on 27th March when I couldn't login to grab the updated beta version. I also notice that I missed an email from you regarding some testing on the 30th for manual orders. Apologies. I had a manic week and thus, missed your email. I'll be testing it all very shortly and have a website that I'll be upgrading the shop on, so should definitely be able to give some feedback ?

Do beta testers need to re-purchase?

11 minutes ago, alexm said:

I had a manic week and thus, missed your email

I reckoned as much ?.

11 minutes ago, alexm said:

I'm using the last link you emailed me on 27th March

That version does not have the bug fixed, sorry. Please use the latest version. The same link I sent you should work. It is valid for one year effective 30 Match 2022. 

21 minutes ago, alexm said:

Do beta testers need to re-purchase?

No way! That'd be very unfair ?. Now that Padloper has been released (no longer in beta), although the beta testing programme is finished, your licence does not expire with the end of the testing. In fact, your subscription and access to VIP support 1-year countdown starts from the release date, i.e. 30 March 2022. I hope this answers your question.

24 minutes ago, alexm said:

so should definitely be able to give some feedback

This would be awesome.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, kongondo said:

I reckoned as much ?.

It never ends does it! ??‍♂️

9 minutes ago, kongondo said:

That version does not have the bug fixed, sorry. Please use the latest version. The same link I sent you should work. It is valid for one year effective 30 Match 2022. 

Awesome thank you sir!

10 minutes ago, kongondo said:

No way! That'd be very unfair ?.

Ok this is very good of you indeed. Private message you about this in a mo.

• Like 1