Invalid image & no thumb preview in admin?

Roych

Hello,

I'm having some weird issue with image uploads, with normal images field. I get Invalid image when I try to upload an image (normaly or drag&drop).

It does not happen all the time if I try to upload the same image again sometimes it uploads but there is no thumb preview in admin. (but the saved image works on frontend).

I noticed this on multiple of my sites, not sure what is wrong it was working fine not while ago. I'm I missing some update (maybe server) or ...?

I have 3.0.165 and all modules upgraded.

Any ideas?

R

Are you using the AutoSmush module by any chance, configured to use the reSmush.it service?  I've encountered similar problems on a site with this installed, and there seems to be a problem with the SSL certificates on one or more of the reSmush.it servers since late December.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, adrian said:

Can you post the image in question so we can test it, just in case there is something weird with it - even though I know you said it works sometimes.

IT is not just one image it happens with diferent images, so the images are not the problem. 

48 minutes ago, iank said:

Are you using the AutoSmush module by any chance, configured to use the reSmush.it service?  I've encountered similar problems on a site with this installed, and there seems to be a problem with the SSL certificates on one or more of the reSmush.it servers since late December.

Yes I'm using AutoSmush and SSL, did you happen to find the problem or fix for this? I'd like to keep AutoSmush if possible. 

Thank you

R

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roych said:

Yes I'm using AutoSmush and SSL, did you happen to find the problem or fix for this? I'd like to keep AutoSmush if possible. 

No, unfortunately not - I've had to disable the AutoSmush (or at least disable the optimize on upload option in the module).  I guess it's a case of keeping an eye open to monitor when they'll fix their SSL.  It's affecting non-PW users too: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ssl-certificates-expired-on-resmush-it-servers/

Regards,

Ian.

• Like 1