t0b1

Repeater Item with Page Reference Field selecting Repeater Items (including itself)

Hello there, and thanks for ProcessWire!

I'm getting to know ProcessWire while doing my first project using it and I really like it so far.
The challenge I'm facing right now is the following:

I have a One-Pager using fullpage.js, realized as a single PW-Page containing a Repeater Field where each Repeater Item is one Section.
Some Sections are supposed to have a little menu at the Top which references/links to different Sections of the Website, so I wanted to use a Checkbox Field "Top Menu" to decide if a Section gets a Menu and a Page Reference Field to choose the different Sections (Repeater Items) it should contain.
I've already accomplished this by pasting the following code into /site/ready.php:

$wire->addHookAfter('InputfieldPage::getSelectablePages', function($event) {
    if($event->object->hasField == 'top_menu_entries') {
        $page = $event->arguments('page');
        if($page instanceof RepeaterPage) $page = $page->getForPage();
        $event->return = $page->;
    }
});

The only problem that still remains is that when I select the Entry of the Repeater Item itself it doesnt save the selection, meaning after I saved it's unselected again.
On some Sections I do want a Menu-Entry for the Section itself though (which would be styled differently and not link anywhere) for Continuity-Reasons, any ideas on how to achieve that?

2 minutes ago, t0b1 said:

$wire->addHookAfter('InputfieldPage::getSelectablePages', function($event) {
    if($event->object->hasField == 'top_menu_entries') {
        $page = $event->arguments('page');
        if($page instanceof RepeaterPage) $page = $page->getForPage();
        $event->return = $page->;
    }
});

The last line was supposed to be $event->return = $page->fullpage_sections;
fullpage_sections is my Repeater Field

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetto
      Hi there,
      I'd like to prevent duplicate values in a specific page field (FieldtypeText) across all pages. The hook should also prevent saving of the page if a duplicate value is detected. Therefore I created two hook methods but I can't get it to work properly.
      Here are both hooks placed in init() method of an autoloader module:
      The first hook is to initially preset the field with the page id. The field value can be customized by the admin before saving.
      The second hook should check if the value is unique.
      If I create a new page and try to save, the WireException is already triggered in first step of page creation, where you enter the page title: SKU [] is already in use
      If I check the value of $sku (with Tracy) it's always empty!
      Any idea what could be wrong?
      EDIT: if I remove the second hook, the field value is correctly preset with the page id!
      $this->addHookAfter('Pages::added', $this, 'presetProductFields', ['priority' => 99]); $this->addHookAfter('Pages::saveReady', $this, 'checkSKUUnique', ['priority' => 101]); And this are the hook methods:
      public function presetProductFields(HookEvent $event) { $snipwire = $this->wire('snipwire'); if (!$snipwire) return; $page = $event->arguments(0); if ($snipwire->isProductTemplate($page->template)) { if ($page->hasfield('snipcart_item_id')) $page->setAndSave('snipcart_item_id', $page->id); } } /** * Check if the SKU value is unique across all product pages. * (Method triggered after Pages saveReady -> just before page is saved) * * @throws WireException * */ public function checkSKUUnique(HookEvent $event) { $snipwire = $this->wire('snipwire'); if (!$snipwire) return; $page = $event->arguments(0); if ($snipwire->isProductTemplate($page->template)) { $field = $page->getField('snipcart_item_id'); $sku = $page->snipcart_item_id; // SKU field value bd($sku); if ($page->isChanged('snipcart_item_id')) { $exists = $this->wire('pages')->get("snipcart_item_id=$sku"); if ($exists->id) { // value is not unique! $error = $this->_('SKU must be unique'); $exception = sprintf( $this->_('SKU [%s] is already in use'), $sku ); $inputfield = $page->getInputfield($field); $inputfield->error($error); throw new WireException($exception); // Prevent saving of non-unique value! } } } }  
    • By Gadgetto
      Hi guys (didn't see any gals here),
      I have a module which has some custom helper classes. One of these classes has methods which are hookable. The class is derived from WireData. An additional complication is that this class has its own namespace. What would be the correct way to provide the hookable methods via API?
      Here is a very simplified code sample of the class:
      <?php namespace SnipWire\Services; use ProcessWire\WireData; use ProcessWire\WireException; class Webhooks extends WireData { ... public function ___handleOrderCompleted() { if ($this->debug) $this->wire('log')->save( self::snipWireWebhooksLogName, '[DEBUG] Webhooks request: handleOrderCompleted' ); $this->responseStatus = 202; // Accepted } public function ___handleOrderStatusChanged() { if ($this->debug) $this->wire('log')->save( self::snipWireWebhooksLogName, '[DEBUG] Webhooks request: handleOrderStatusChanged' ); $this->responseStatus = 202; // Accepted } ... } The class itself is invoked/used by a hook from within the main module:
      Depending of the event, one of the methods of the Webhooks class above is triggered. A developer should now be able to use one of the ___handle* methods to do further things.
      /** * Check for webohook request and process them. * (Method triggered before ProcessPageView::execute) * */ public function checkWebhookRequest(HookEvent $event) { if ($webhooksEndpoint = $this->get('webhooks_endpoint')) { if ($this->sanitizer->url($this->input->url) == $webhooksEndpoint) { /** @var Webhooks $webhooks Custom ProcessWire API variable */ $this->wire('webhooks', new Webhooks()); $this->wire('webhooks')->process(); $event->replace = true; // @note: Tracy Debug won't work from here on as normal page rendering is omitted! } } } Should I provide a custom API variable e.g. $webhooks? Or how is the best way to do this?
    • By Flashmaster82
      Hi, can you guys help a beginner with a problem..
      On my template (profile_page) i have a dropdown (page reference) where i can choose a sports team (team_page) that is related to that profile which is also its parent. Then on my Competition1 page (competition_page) I have page reference field (profiles) a dropdown that i want to display only profiles that has choose a specific sports team (template=team_page) the page parent to be specific.
      Structure/Template
      Sports_team1 (team_page)
           Profile1 (profile_page)
           Profile2 (profile_page)
           Profile3 (profile_page)
           Competition1 (competition_page)

ready.php
      <?php $wire->addHookAfter('InputfieldPage::getSelectablePages', function($event) { if($event->object->hasField == 'profiles') { $relative = $page->parent->name; $event->return = $event->pages->find("template=profile_page, sports_team=$relative"); } }); ?> This returns with no results in the dropdown. If i remove sports_team=$relative then it displays all profiles that have profile_page as template, so it works almost. But i will have more sports teams so this is just an example. I only want to display the profiles that has choosen the parent team on there profile page in admin not front end.
      I hope i was able to explain it so you guys can understand a little bit. Need some help please! /Thanks

• By wesp
      Hello everyone,
      Is there a way to access the key number of an item in a page reference field and then output it as a value?
      So for example I want to automatically output the number 1 if the referenced page is the first in the list and have it be updated when the list is reordered via drag and drop.
      Thanks in advance!
    • By Hardoman
      Hello community,
      we have a website running version 3.0.118. The owner would like to have a watermark merged to the images, that are being uploaded in the CKEditor as a requirement.
      Image upload besides the CKEditor within galleries and single images works as a charm already. We also use croppable image 3 there. (PIM2)
      To realize this requirement, I thought of using a hook in the admin area. So, I read a lot in our forums and tested this by adding a hook into the ready.php file.
      $this->addHookAfter('InputfieldFile::fileAdded',function(HookEvent$event){ wire('log')->save('test','Image upload works'); ... The log entry is being created correctly. But when I try to use the pim/watermark-function like in a template, he cannot find the watermark-image anymore. Furthermore, when I try to get the page-id, it does not seem to be accessible, because the application does not seem to know how to reference it, or I dont know the right way to do so…
      So my questions are:

Is this the right attempt at all or will there be another, better workaround? It seems, I cannot access the page object (of the content page) within this scope or file but I would need it to save the processed image inside the right files/id folder Would it be better to place the hook into the admin-template? (or admin.php)
        Thanks for any hints in advance. 🙂