Form Builder, Line breaks in textarea

kaz

I have a Form Builder form with a textarea field of 500 characters. The data / CSV file are imported into a DTP application with several text frames, this works great.

But I have a slight problem: line breaks (soft return) in the textarea. Because in the DTP app the text frame jumps to the next text frame after about 500 characters, line breaks are annoying, because several text frames are skipped. Short: The 500 characters do not fits the text frame, if line breaks are included. Therefore, no line breaks should be allowed in the textarea. What can I do?

Why don't you simply strip out the linebreaks with a simple str_replace?

1 hour ago, kaz said:

Therefore, no line breaks should be allowed in the textarea

By definition, HTML textareas allow linebreaks and simple text inputs do not. You could change the input type to text input, but that would be hardly useable if you need 500 characters ?

Okay, and at which point str_replace must be executed. In Form Builder I see only a checkbox "Remove HTML Tags". A line break is not an HTML tag unless <br /> is added? I would then need to replace that with a simple space. But there are no HTML tags in CSV.
500 is the maximum length, which is not to much for a text in prints.

Moderator note: this is not the VIP Form Builder module support thread, so I'm moving it to the General Support area of the forum instead. Please keep in mind that the Modules/Plugins area is only intended for non-commercial module-specific support threads. If you don't have access to the VIP Form Builder module support thread, please send a PM to @ryan and he can help you gain access. Thanks!