Couple of things...

antknight

Just a couple of things about PW

1. On this website when on the modules tab, the demo link disappears from the main navigation.

2sazd5x.png

2. When starting a new topic in the forum, the video link in the main navigation is behind the forum link, this is in Chrome, but strangely it doesn't happen every time.

5f2ber.png

3. I would like to see a tutorial similar to the one here: http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tutorials/. A full site build, from installation to the finished product. It would be great if you could download as a PDF to print, I think I saw somewhere a module? that could convert webpages to PDF.

I initially dismissed PW as a CMF/CMS because it wasn't immediately obvious how awesome it is. This tutorial http://processwire.com/talk/topic/693-small-project-walkthrough/ helped a lot.

4. Loving PW and the community!

• Like 2

1. This will be fixed when we get the new site design released (preview: www.processwire.net)

2. Same thing as above.

3. True. It would be great to have simple tutorial, which takes static site design and brings it to live. PW is very straightforward to use in that case.

4. We all do!

• Like 1

What would be the most useful tutorial? A basic business site with gallery or something?

I'd be tempted to get a layout from Themeforest for a few dollars and have a crack at this myself. It just gets a bit more complicated when you get to a blog as there's two ways - using the blog profile or implementing a blog into an existing PW site.

Pete,

I think just a basic tutorial would be great. Grabbing a theme from Themeforest is an excellent idea (can show folks how easy it is to incorporate Processwire). You're right, the blog aspect is a little more complicated, maybe that can be "Part II"?

I think implementing a blog into an existing site would be a good tutorial because using the blog profile is simple enough. I can imagine a situation where you might build a simple site for someone and they come back and ask if you can add a blog.

This will be fixed when we get the new site design released (preview: www.processwire.net)

This is true, but I had to redirect processwire.net to processwire.com because Google was getting all up and in processwire.net and mixing it up with the main site. So if you want to preview processwire.net, you've got to login to the admin, otherwise it redirects you back to processwire.com. On this side, I'm finally getting some clear space on my desk after being overloaded on projects, so hoping to get this new site up with version 2.3.