Touch responsive gallery suggestions

Gazley

Hi there,

Any suggestions for a touch aware photo gallery? I used Fancybox on the site I have just installed remotely. When I tried the site on an iPhone and iPad, Fancybox doesn't appear to respond to touch, in place of a mouse click, when you touch its previous/next buttons or on the left or right half of the image.

If anyone has any suggestions for a really good mouse/touch aware gallery utility, I'd appreciate your recommendations.

Many thanks.

When I tried the site on an iPhone and iPad, Fancybox doesn't appear to respond to touch, in place of a mouse click, when you touch its previous/next buttons or on the left or right half of the image.

I'm really happy with photoswipe (originally recommended to me by Soma). It really duplicates the native mobile gallery experience beautifully. At the same time, it's quite a nice way to browse photos on non-mobile too (you can even drag the photos with your mouse). Example

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Greetings Everyone,

Picking slideshow scripts can be time-consuming. So many great ones, but I always look for the ones that have the simplest markup for dynamic content.

As interrobang suggests, Flexslider is excellent. I use it in a lot of sites.

Another excellent one is BxSlider, which also allows a great variety of content: http://bxslider.com/

In my recent sites, I have been using both Flexslider and BxSlider

Thanks,

Matthew

• Like 1