pwFoo

$pages->add() bug?

I tried to add a new page with $pages->add() with a custom method inside of a module. It looks like the method is called each page load (as should) and also if the backend page tree is loaded / refreshed (bug??)?

public function create($template, $parent, Array $data = array(), $name = false) {
        $name = wire('sanitizer')->pageName($name ? $name : $data['title']);
        $obj = wire('pages')->add($template, $parent, $name, $data);
        return $obj;
    }

called inside of home page ("/"):

$api->create('basic-page', '/', array('title' => 'ApiCreatedTest1'));

Works fine. Load it twice (create duplicate page) results in an error.

But without "/" requested the page gets created if I view the backend?!

Checked it by delete the page, check the page tree again and it looks fine. But if I reload the backend page the page appears again. So backend page tree load executes the home page ("/") and create the page?

Is it a bug or I'm missing anything...?

Module method name create() was the problem... Changed to add() to have the same naming than permissions page-* and it works fine!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sten
      Sorry I can't find any submit button to save my configuration on a template in the admin interface. The file is fine.
    • By nabo
      Hello
      this is my snippet
      public function init() { if($this->wire('user')->isSuperuser()) { $this->wire()->addHookAfter('ProcessPageEdit::buildFormSettings', $this, 'buildForm'); $this->wire()->addHookBefore('ProcessPageEdit::processInput', $this, 'saveForm'); } } public function buildForm(HookEvent $event) { $p = $event->object->getPage(); $inputfields = $event->return; $fieldset = $this->wire('modules')->get("InputfieldFieldset"); $fieldset->attr('id', 'my_fieldset'); $fieldset->label = __("My Renders"); $fieldset->collapsed = Inputfield::collapsedYes; $field = $this->wire('modules')->get("InputfieldTextarea"); $field->attr('name', 'renders'); $field->attr('value', $p->renders); $field->label = $this->_('Renders'); $fieldset->append($field); $inputfields->append($fieldset); } public function saveForm($event) { $page = $this->pages->get($this->input->post->id); $page->set('renders', $this->input->post->renders); } It builds correctly the inputs, I edit the field renders but when I save the page the value of this inputfield remain blank.
      What's wrong?
    • By carlitoselmago
      I'm building a fieldtype/inputfield to visually select a grid like Bootstrap since it's the first time coding such thing, I'm basing my code in FieldtypeColorPicker since the base structure is the same, a graphical UI helper to finally output a string as value.
      The problem is I try to save the value as something like "1,2,3" referencing the index of each column selected but it gets converted as an int value so "1,2,3" becomes "1" if input random text it gets converted as "0".
      Here is the code:
      https://github.com/carlitoselmago/FieldtypeGridSpace
      Here's an screenshot of how it looks

• By bramwolf
      Hi Guys,

I found that my site is producing this notice on the front end, even when $config->debug = false and also when admin is
      not even logged in. How do I keep the site from displaying this message to front end users? The notice is about a few vars
      being tested, which in this case aren't defined, how would I stop that from happing all together when testing vars? if I for instance
      wrap the $discountCode = blabla in a if($order) { ...  } statement than I'm again testing for $order which isn't a object in this case
      which throws another notice..

This is the notice:

Here is my current code:
      // PAD DISCOUNT CODE HOOK // First we see if we have active discount code if ($this->session->orderId) { $order = $this->pages->get($this->session->orderId); } if($product->geen_korting == 1) { $nodisc = $product->geen_korting; } else { $nodisc = $product->parent->geen_korting; } $discountCode = $this->sanitizer->selectorValue($order->pad_discount_code); $dc = $this->pages->get("template=paddiscount, title=$discountCode"); if ($dc->id) { if ($nodisc) { $discount = 0; } elseif ($dc->pad_percentage) { $discount = $newprice * ($dc->pad_percentage / 100); } } $event->return = $newprice - $discount;
      Thanks in advance 🙂
    • By shadowkyogre
      [EDIT]: After sitting down and planning out my site according to the ragged hierarchy information, I settled on the following schematics.
      /$world/$template/$content_of_template_type/... for my pretty URLs /roster/$character for my characters a generic Repeater field with depth on most content types for custom positions for child pages to connect to instead of it directly a few Repeater fields on each content that have (PageReference[1], other fields) to establish associations A few FieldsetGroups to help me manage the fields that I needed to copy across a bunch of content types. Kept the original post below for context and tagged the OP for searchability.
      ---
      Hi everyone! I'm working on a personalized worldbuilding wiki to host my art and story stuff.
      Right now my site architecture looks like...
      /$world/cosmology/$cosmology /$world/locations/$location /$world/factions/$faction /$world/history/$history /$world/species/$species /roster/$character So far the layout works, but there's one problem. I need to make sub-sections for an organization. Organizations can appear under cosmology, locations, and factions. Sounds straightforward until... I run into the problem of figuring out how to represent subfactions.
      Key factors in this are...
      Characters should be able to be part of multiple organizations Characters should have an explicit role assigned to their membership. Character pages should be able to query the organization pages to display their ranks across organizations. Editing an organization's hierarchical layout should be visible while editing the root organization page. From what I've read of the ProcessWire documentation, the best use case for each way of representing the organization's subsections are...
      Child Pages:: Works best for menu presentation and dedicated editing. PageTables:: Works if you want control over where to place the PageTable fields, but requires opening a modal for the pages you want to edit. It's also kind of like normal pages. Repeaters:: Works great for inline editing and easy control over hierarchy, but the page urls become obscure. Sections in the body field:: Works for copypasting from my note files. But it doesn't expose relationships for easy querying. It looks like my best case for this is child pages since it allows displaying suborganization in the URL easily. But also I lose out on quickly reordering and editing the child pages. Any advice for people running into similar use cases?