benbyf

[SOLVED]saving user and field in cron hook module

Hello, having trouble getting PW to save my user or field in cron hook.

It seems to report the same field info each time unchanged. It should be counting down in seconds.

public function init() {

// set to every30Seconds in settings
		$this->defaultInterval = $this->cron_check;

// add hooks to CRON
	    $this->addHookAfter("LazyCron::{$this->defaultInterval}", $this, 'checkUserSubscription');
	}

public function ___checkUserSubscription(HookEvent $e){

// seconds since last lazycron
		$seconds = $e->arguments[0];

$log = wire('log');

$field = $this->exclusiveRole;

// users with specific role and field
		$users = $this->users->find("roles=$field");
		foreach ($users as $user) {

// get stored time
			$currentTime = $user->get($this->fieldName);

// if time not null
			if($currentTime){

// evalute stored time minus time past
				$resultTime = intval($currentTime) - intval($seconds);

$log->message("result ".$resultTime);

// save user page
				$user->set($this->fieldName, $resultTime);
				$this->users->save($user);
		}
	}
}

19 minutes ago, benbyf said:

$resultTime = intval($currentTime) - intval($seconds);

$log->message("result ".$resultTime); // save user page

$user->set($this->fieldName, $resultTime);

$this->users->save($user); }

think i fixed it! adding

$user->setOutputFormatting(false);

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR OF() trips me up everytime. is there a good reason why this is here?? can't it default to not always being a pain :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pip
      Hi, Everyone! 
      I'm currently working on a page reference field and set it for multiple pages (AsmSelect) for the input. Is there a way for me to add an image field (aka Avatar) and the title of page in the radio button? 
      I used the field name enclosed in the { }. Didn't work. It appeared a text instead. 
      Thanks in advance and hope to hear from you soon!
    • By Greg Lumley
      Hi! I've just discovered Processwire and I'm absolutely loving how clean it is. Especially with the full control over what it outputs. 
      Excuse me if this is a really stupid question.
      What happens if a user wants to insert multiple images into the blog field? In other words Shift+Click all the images attached to a specific page in and insert. It seems I can insert one at a time but not multiple.

Based on the above, I want to rebuild my website. I'm a photographer (ex php dev 2004) and plan also to target websites at other photographers. So inserting multiple images into blog posts is a key part. I'd like to output that to something like UIkit or some kind of Masonry Gallery script. Any thoughts would be fantastic please. 
      Thank you.
      Greg. 
      I'm an ex PHP developer now photographer, now thanks to Corona and not photo work, a rusty PHP developer 😁
    • By EyeDentify
      Hello dear PW gurus.

I have stumbled over a strange error that i all of sudden got when trying to upload an image to a images field on a page.
      There where images allready stored in the field that i wanted to keep, but during the upload the error apear and after that all images are gone from the field and i can´t upload any, i just get the error every time.
      I am running ProcessWire 3.0.153 dev.
      Update:
      After looking in the assets folder i find the folder for the page and the image files seems to be there including the ones i tried to upload when the error occured.
      But they don´t show up in the images field in the page editor.

The error reported:

SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column 'ratio' at row 1 And here is a screenshot of the event:

The TracyDebugger Error reporting:

I hope you fine folks could point me in a direction.
      But it seems our old pal set_time_limit() is back.

Regards, EyeDentify
    • By DV-JF
      Hey all, hope you're feeling well these days!
      Short question: Under "Setup > Templates" it's possible to sort the templates by last modified. Is this possible for fields view to?
      Long explanation:
      Currently I am in the process of programming a reusable template and often have to copy several fields & templates from different PW installations into my "master version".
      Therefore it would be good to see already in the field list when the last modification has taken place.
      Stay healthy & don't forget to wash you hands - many greets!
    • By gebeer
      Hello all,
      wasn't sure where to put this, so it goes in General section.
      Ryan shows a hook that we can use to mirror files on demand from live server to development environment to be up to date with the files on the server without having to download complete site/assets/files folder.
      I just implemented this but had problems getting files to load from a site in development that is secured with user/password via htaccess.
      First I tried to use WireHttp setHeader method for basic authentication like this
      function mirrorFilesfromLiveServer(HookEvent $event) { $config = $event->wire('config'); $file = $event->return; if ($event->method == 'url') { // convert url to disk path $file = $config->paths->root . substr($file, strlen($config->urls->root)); } if (!file_exists($file)) { // download file from source if it doesn't exist here $src = 'http://mydomain.com/site/assets/files/'; $url = str_replace($config->paths->files, $src, $file); $http = new WireHttp(); // basic authentication $u = 'myuser'; $pw = 'mypassword'; $http->setHeader('Authorization: Basic', base64_encode("$u:$pw")); $http->download($url, $file); } } But, unfortunately this didn't work.
      So now I am using curl to do the download. My hook function now looks like this
      function mirrorFilesfromLiveServer(HookEvent $event) { $config = $event->wire('config'); $file = $event->return; if ($event->method == 'url') { // convert url to disk path $file = $config->paths->root . substr($file, strlen($config->urls->root)); } if (!file_exists($file)) { // download file from source if it doesn't exist here $src = 'http://mydomain.com/site/assets/files/'; $fp = fopen($file, 'w+'); // init file pointer $url = str_replace($config->paths->files, $src, $file); $u = 'myuser'; $pw = 'mypassword'; $ch = curl_init(); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 50); // crazy high timeout just in case there are very large files curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true); curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, "$u:$pw"); // authentication curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLAUTH_BASIC); // authentication curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FILE, $fp); // give curl the file pointer so that it can write to it curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, true); $data = curl_exec($ch); curl_close($ch); } } Now I can load files and images from the htaccess protected development server 🙂
      If anyone knows how to get this to work with WireHttp, please let me know. Thank you.