ridgedale

PW3 - Adding Pagination to Regular (Blog) Profile

I'm in the process of finalising a pw 3.0.62 and uikit3 based site which using the Reglar-Master profile and I've noticed pagination is missing despite the Allow Page Numbers? setting being enabled under the blog template URLs tab.

The default blog.php template is as below:

<div id='content'>
	<?php
	echo ukHeading1(page()->title, 'divider'); 
	$posts = page()->children('limit=10');
	echo ukBlogPosts($posts); 
	?>
</div>

Reducing the limit as follows does not result in any pagination being displayed despite there being 10 news posts.

$posts = page()->children('limit=6');

If I have understood correctly, it should not be necessary to add the MarkupPagerNav module to this profile as the capability should already be already built-in.

If that is the case, then I can only think that some additional code is required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@ridgedale Add this function to blog.php from the _uikit.php file line no.537

echo ukPagination($posts);

Your file blog.php should look like below:

<?php namespace ProcessWire;
// This is the template file for main /blog/ page that lists blog post summaries.
// If there are more than 10 posts, it also paginates them.
?>

<div id='content'>
	<?php
	echo ukHeading1(page()->title, 'divider');
// LIMIT POSTS TO SHOW PAGINATION
	$posts = page()->children('limit=2');
	echo ukBlogPosts($posts);

// ADD THIS CODE INTO blog.php from _uikit.php line => 537
	echo ukPagination($posts);
	?>
</div>

<aside id='sidebar'>
	<?php
	$categories = pages()->get('/categories/');
	echo ukNav($categories->children, [ 'header' => $categories->title ]);
	?>
</aside>

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By usualCommission
      Hey everyone,
      I'm pretty experienced with pagination and haven't seen this before. I have my pages pulled using $pages->find, which is working fine however using renderPager() generates pagination where the links do not work. Here are some details.
      All templates needing pagination have pagination enabled in the admin. URL Segments are not enabled. Clicking on the "Next" or numbered links merely reloads the current page. The link href values are properly being output with the urls being /page2, /page3, /page4, etc. Manually entering the paginated urls has the same effect of reloading the current page with no new content. Pages are being returned from the ->find function properly and with the proper limit. A few other details:
      ProcessWire v3.0.98 Multi-language is enabled, 2 languages implemented. Pagination does not work on either language Have very few modules installed (few enough to list), none of which I could see interfering: ProFields, ProDrafts, ListerPro, DB Backups, Cronjob DB Backup, Upgrades, Upgrade Checker, Force Password Change, Markup Sitemap XML I'm stumped. For the sake of being overly-thorough, here's the code:
      <?php $articleTemplates = [ 'template_news_article', 'template_news_video', 'template_news_press_release' ]; $searchParams = [ 'template=' . implode('|', $articleTemplates), 'sort=-published', 'limit=' . $pages->get('template=template_news')->list_count ]; $articles = $pages->find(implode(',', $searchParams)); echo $articles->renderPager(); ?>  
    • By ridgedale
      Reference: PW 3.0.111 and uikit3 based site using the Regular-Master profile.
      Despite my searches of the forum I'm somewhat confused about how to create new child pages on the frontend when a user clicks on a button on the parent page. I also have an equivalent button that is intended for uploading a .csv file to automatically create multiple new pages. This basically relates to a club (parent) and members (child) template configuration. Hopefully this explanation makes sense.
      A button should be able to launch the code needed to initiate the script required to create a new page using something like:
      <a href="/path/page.php">New +</a> <a href="/path/page.php">New ++</a> Does the code to create the new page or new pages need to be run from the template file for the child or the parent?
      A new individual member page will need to be editable manually at the point of page creation as well as subsequently, whereas multiple new pages will need to be editable after they have created and populated with data, again, as well as subsequently.
      I would very grateful for any advice or pointers as to how to achieve this.

• By ridgedale
      I was wondering if there is a way to restrict user navigation to specific pages.
      Login (home.php - not to be displayed)
          |__  About (not to be displayed)
          |__  Clubs (not to be displayed)
          |            |__ Club (to be displayed)
          |                       |__  Club Members (to be displayed)
          |__ League (not to be displayed)
          |            |__Season (not to be displayed)
          |                       |__  Match (not to be displayed)
          |__  News (blog.php -  to be displayed)
          |
      etc, etc
      Based on the above the navigation needs to appear simply as:
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                           Club    Club Members    News    
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Any thoughts appreciated.
    • By ridgedale
      I am trying to create a process whereby when a user logs in to their profile page (the user is automatically redirected to their profile page on login) and they then go to their 'members' page and creates a child page ('club-member'), the data stored in the user template ($user->usercode) is automatically added to the equivalent field on the club-member page.  This will be applicable only to the template used for the 'club-member' pages. Once the new page has been created the equivalent 'usercode' field on the 'club-member' page should not be subsequently editable.
      Below is the page hierarchy for visual reference:
      Login (home)
          |__  profile
                      |__  members
                                     |__  club-members
      It seems like an AddHookBefore might be the solution here such as:
      wire()->addHookBefore("Pages::saveReady", function($event) { $page = $event->arguments(0); if($page->template == 'club-member') { $clubcode = $user->club_code; $field = $page->club_code; $field->set('value', $clubcode); } }); I am I on the right track or is there a better way to achieve this?
      Any thoughts appreciated.
    • By ridgedale
      I've setup a page where a member can edit contact details via the frontend displaying the field content using the <edit> ... </edit> tags.
      This works fine when the fields actually contain data. However fields that contain no data (i.e. empty) do not appear to be editable. No edit cursor appears (- possibly owing to the field width being 0px?)
      Is the only solution to recreate the page using a form, for example,  or is there a simple way to allow blank fields to be editable on the frontend?
      I wondered if anyone else has found a solution to this problem. Any assistance would be appreciated.