louisstephens

Display Notifications after front-end login

I hope this is the correct place to post this. I currently am building a "dashboard" that displays some stats etc, but also handles login/logout with a form. Currently, when a user uses the form on the homepage, they redirected (if the credentials are correct) to the backend of processwire.

However, I was hoping to direct the user back to the dashboard and display an alert (for now until I get a library to handle this). I got it somewhat working if I dont redirect the user. However, if I refresh the page, the alert still "pops up". Does anyone know of a way to redirect to the home page, but then display an alert?

My Code to login:

<?php
if($input->post->user && $input->post->pass) {
	$user = $sanitizer->username($input->post->user);
    $pass = $input->post->pass; 

if($session->login($user, $pass)) {
    	// login successful
        $session->redirect($dash); 
    }
}
?>

Hello @louisstephens,

you could use a GET parameter inside your redirect. For example:

<?php
$session->redirect($dash . "?alert=success");

// On your dashboard template file
if ($input->get->alert === "success") {
	// Show your notification
}

If you plan to build a login be sure to use CSRF and maybe honeypot validation:

Regards, Andreas

• Like 3

Thanks  AndZyk . I will definitely give this a shot and see where this takes me. I completely forgot about GET (and I am still learning). Ill let you know how it goes. As for CSRF, that is a great idea. This is largely an internal site, but I will definitely take the precaution. 

• Like 1

That worked great @AndZyk! I appreciate the help. Now for a dumb question, once redirected, success="true" (in laments terms), notification displays, is there a way to remove the ?alert=success from the url ? As it stands, I have a script that refreshes the page every so often to get any new changes that might have been made on the site, and currently the alert will just keep posting.

There probably a better way to handle the refresh as well like ajax, but I dont quite know how to tackle that. I guess this was just an impromtu way of doing things.

• Like 1

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By flydev
      OAuth2Login for ProcessWire
      A Module which give you ability to login an existing user using your favorite thrid-party OAuth2 provider (i.e. Facebook, GitHub, Google, LinkedIn, etc.)..
      You can login from the backend to the backend directly or render a form on the frontend and redirect the user to a choosen page.
      Built on top of ThePhpLeague OAuth2-Client lib.
      Registration is not handled by this module but planned.

Howto Install
      Install the module following this procedure:
       - http://modules.processwire.com/modules/oauth2-login/
       - https://github.com/flydev-fr/OAuth2Login
      Next step, in order to use a provider, you need to use Composer to install each provider
      ie: to install Google, open a terminal, go to your root directory of pw and type the following command-line: composer require league/oauth2-google
      Tested providers/packages :
          Google :  league/oauth2-google     Facebook: league/oauth2-facebook     Github: league/oauth2-github     LinkedIn: league/oauth2-linkedin
      More third-party providers are available there. You should be able to add a provider by simply adding it to the JSON config file.

Howto Use It
      First (and for testing purpose), you should create a new user in ProcessWire that reflect your real OAuth2 account information. The important informations are, Last Name, First Name and Email. The module will compare existing users by firstname, lastname and email; If the user match the informations, then he is logged in.
      ie, if my Google fullname is John Wick, then in ProcessWire, I create a new user  Wick-John  with email  johnwick@mydomain.com
      Next step, go to your favorite provider and create an app in order to get the ClientId and ClientSecret keys. Ask on the forum if you have difficulties getting there.
      Once you got the keys for a provider, just paste it into the module settings and save it. One or more button should appear bellow the standard login form.
      The final step is to make your JSON configuration file.
      In this sample, the JSON config include all tested providers, you can of course edit it to suit your needs :
      { "providers": { "google": { "className": "Google", "packageName": "league/oauth2-google", "helpUrl": "https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials" }, "facebook": { "className": "Facebook", "packageName": "league/oauth2-facebook", "helpUrl": "https://developers.facebook.com/apps/", "options": { "graphApiVersion": "v2.10", "scope": "email" } }, "github": { "className": "Github", "packageName": "league/oauth2-github", "helpUrl": "https://github.com/settings/developers", "options": { "scope": "user:email" } }, "linkedin": { "className": "LinkedIn", "packageName": "league/oauth2-linkedin", "helpUrl": "https://www.linkedin.com/secure/developer" } } }  
      Backend Usage
      In ready.php, call the module :
      if($page->template == 'admin') { $oauth2mod = $modules->get('Oauth2Login'); if($oauth2mod) $oauth2mod->hookBackend(); }  
      Frontend Usage
      Small note: At this moment the render method is pretty simple. It output a InputfieldForm with InputfieldSubmit(s) into wrapped in a ul:li tag. Feedbacks and ideas welcome!
      For the following example, I created a page login and a template login which contain the following code :
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; if(!$user->isLoggedin()) { $options = array( 'buttonClass' => 'my_button_class', 'buttonValue' => 'Login with {provider}', // {{provider}} keyword 'prependMarkup' => '<div class="wrapper">', 'appendMarkup' => '</div>' ); $redirectUri = str_lreplace('//', '/', $config->urls->httpRoot . $page->url); $content = $modules->get('Oauth2Login')->config( array( 'redirect_uri' => $redirectUri, 'success_uri' => $page->url ) )->render($options); }
      The custom function lstr_replace() :
      /* * replace the last occurence of $search by $replace in $subject */ function str_lreplace($search, $replace, $subject) { return preg_replace('~(.*)' . preg_quote($search, '~') . '~', '$1' . $replace, $subject, 1); }  
      Screenshot

• By dragan
      If I have two PW sites that sit in separate folders, I can't be logged-in in both sites.
      e.g.
      site.com/project-a/pw-admin-slug/
      site.com/project-b/pw-admin-slug/
      If I login to project-a, then also login to project-b, get back to the first site, I have to login again.
      Is the cookie / session mechanism storing my domain? If it does, and it's meant to be some sort of security enhancement, it should not check my domain, but root-URL of the PW-installation. (strangely, this doesn't happen on localhost)
      Is it possible to prevent that behavior? Often I have two sites open (e.g. check to see if I have the same CKEditor setup and quickly copy and paste it, or copy a user-role)
    • By sebr
      Hi
      I just publish a new website in production environnement and I cannot anymore access to the admin URL... Automatically redirect to root URL.
      Example : www.test.com/gestion ==> www.test.com
      I disabled all HTTPS and www redirection in .htaccess but nothing changed.
      Is someone can help me ?
      Thanks in advance
      This is my htaccess content :
      ################################################################################################# # START PROCESSWIRE HTACCESS DIRECTIVES # @version 3.0 # @indexVersion 300 ################################################################################################# # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 1. Don't show directory indexes, but do follow symbolic links # 500 NOTE: Some cloud hosting companies don't allow +FollowSymLinks. # Uncomment +SymLinksifOwnerMatch and comment +FollowSymLinks if you have 500 errors. # If that doesn't resolve the error, then set it back to +FollowSymLinks. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Options -Indexes Options +FollowSymLinks # Options +SymLinksifOwnerMatch # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 2. Let ProcessWire handle 404s # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ErrorDocument 404 /index.php # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 3. Handle request for missing favicon.ico/robots.txt files (no ending quote for Apache 1.3) # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <Files favicon.ico> ErrorDocument 404 "The requested file favicon.ico was not found. </Files> <Files robots.txt> ErrorDocument 404 "The requested file robots.txt was not found. </Files> # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 4. Protect from XSS with Apache headers # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <IfModule mod_headers.c> # prevent site from being loaded in an iframe on another site # you will need to remove this one if you want to allow external iframes Header always append X-Frame-Options SAMEORIGIN # to prevent cross site scripting (IE8+ proprietary) Header set X-XSS-Protection "1; mode=block" # prevent mime-based attacks via content sniffing (IE+Chrome) # Header set X-Content-Type-Options "nosniff" </IfModule> # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 5. Protect ProcessWire system files # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <FilesMatch "\.(inc|info|info\.json|module|sh|sql)$|^\..*$|composer\.(json|lock)$"> <IfModule mod_authz_core.c> Require all denied </IfModule> <IfModule !mod_authz_core.c> Order allow,deny </IfModule> </FilesMatch> # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 6. Override a few PHP settings that can't be changed at runtime (not required) # 500 NOTE: Try commenting out this entire section below if getting Apache 500 errors. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <IfModule mod_php5.c> php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off php_flag magic_quotes_sybase off php_flag register_globals off </IfModule> # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 7. Set default directory index files # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 8. ProcessWire requires mod_rewrite # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <IfModule mod_rewrite.c> RewriteEngine On AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 9. If you only want to allow HTTPS, uncomment the RewriteCond and RewriteRule lines below. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off # RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301] # If using an AWS load balancer, use these two lines below instead of those above: # RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-Forwarded-Proto} =http # RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301] # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 10. Set an environment variable so the installer can detect that mod_rewrite is active. # Note that some web hosts don't support this. If you get a 500 error, you might try # commenting out this SetEnv line below. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <IfModule mod_env.c> SetEnv HTTP_MOD_REWRITE On </IfModule> # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 11. OPTIONAL: Set a rewrite base if rewrites aren't working properly on your server. # And if your site directory starts with a "~" you will most likely have to use this. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # RewriteBase / # RewriteBase /pw/ # RewriteBase /~user/ # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 12. Access Restrictions: Keep web users out of dirs that begin with a period, # but let services like Lets Encrypt use the webroot authentication method. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RewriteRule "(^|/)\.(?!well-known)" - [F] # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 13. OPTIONAL: Redirect users to the 'www.' version of the site (uncomment to enable). # For example: http://processwire.com/ would be redirected to http://www.processwire.com/ # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^www\. [NC] # RewriteRule ^ http://www.%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301] # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 14. OPTIONAL: Send URLs with non-ASCII name-format characters to 404 page (optimization) # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} "[^-_.a-zA-Z0-9/~]" # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d # RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?it=/http404/ [L,QSA] # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 15. Access Restrictions: Protect ProcessWire system files # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Allow screenshot files (for install.php only: this 1 line below may be removed after install) RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(^|/)site-[^/]+/install/[^/]+\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif)$ # Block access to any htaccess files RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)\.htaccess$ [NC,OR] # Block access to protected assets directories RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/assets/(cache|logs|backups|sessions|config|install|tmp)($|/.*$) [OR] # Block acceess to the /site/install/ directory RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/install($|/.*$) [OR] # Block dirs in /site/assets/ dirs that start with a hyphen RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/assets.*/-.+/.* [OR] # Block access to /wire/config.php, /site/config.php, /site/config-dev.php, and /wire/index.config.php RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(wire|site|site-[^/]+)/(config|index\.config|config-dev)\.php$ [OR] # Block access to any PHP-based files in /templates-admin/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(wire|site|site-[^/]+)/templates-admin($|/|/.*\.(php|html?|tpl|inc))$ [OR] # Block access to any PHP or markup files in /site/templates/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/templates($|/|/.*\.(php|html?|tpl|inc))$ [OR] # Block access to any PHP files in /site/assets/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/assets($|/|/.*\.php)$ [OR] # Block access to any PHP files in core or core module directories RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)wire/(core|modules)/.*\.(php|inc|tpl|module|info\.json)$ [OR] # Block access to any PHP files in /site/modules/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(site|site-[^/]+)/modules/.*\.(php|inc|tpl|module|info\.json)$ [OR] # Block access to any software identifying txt files RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)(COPYRIGHT|INSTALL|README|htaccess)\.(txt|md|textile)$ [OR] # Block all http access to the default/uninstalled site-default directory RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (^|/)site-default/ # If any conditions above match, issue a 403 forbidden RewriteRule ^.*$ - [F,L] # PW-PAGENAME # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 16a. Ensure that the URL follows the name-format specification required by PW # See also directive 16b below, you should choose and use either 16a or 16b. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} "^/~?[-_.a-zA-Z0-9/]*$" # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 16b. Alternative name-format specification for UTF8 page name support. # If used, comment out section 16a above and uncomment the directive below. If you have updated # your $config->pageNameWhitelist make the characters below consistent with that. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} "^/~?[-_./a-zA-Z0-9æåäßöüđжхцчшщюяàáâèéëêěìíïîõòóôøùúûůñçčćďĺľńňŕřšťýžабвгдеёзийклмнопрстуфыэęąśłżź]*$" # END-PW-PAGENAME # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 17. If the request is for a file or directory that physically exists on the server, # then don't give control to ProcessWire, and instead load the file # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !(favicon\.ico|robots\.txt) # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 18. OPTIONAL: Prevent ProcessWire from attempting to serve images or anything in /site/assets/. # Both of these lines are optional, but can help to reduce server load. However, they # are not compatible with the $config->pagefileSecure option (if enabled) and they # may produce an Apache 404 rather than your regular 404. You may uncomment the two lines # below if you don't need to use the $config->pagefileSecure option. After uncommenting, test # a URL like domain.com/site/assets/files/test.jpg to make sure you are getting a 404 and not # your homepage. If getting your homepage, then either: do not use this option, or comment out # section #2 above that makes ProcessWire the 404 handler. # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|ico)$ [NC] # RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !(^|/)site/assets/ # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 19. Pass control to ProcessWire if all the above directives allow us to this point. # For regular VirtualHosts (most installs) # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?it=$1 [L,QSA] # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # 20. If using VirtualDocumentRoot (500 NOTE): comment out the one above and use this one instead # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- # RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?it=$1 [L,QSA] </IfModule> ################################################################################################# # END PROCESSWIRE HTACCESS DIRECTIVES #################################################################################################  
    • By Jonathan Sachse Mikkelsen
      Hi everyone
      I've hit an error i can't seem to find a solution for. I build this website (www.petervigh.com) last year with processwire, and this week this error started showing up when my client tried to login:
      Catchable fatal error: session_regenerate_id(): Failed to create(read) session ID: memcached (path: nfs01.cl2000.ams1.nl.leaseweb.net:11211) in /srv/psa03/petervigh.com/httpdocs/wire/core/Session.php on line 728
      Recoverable Fatal Error: session_regenerate_id(): Failed to create(read) session ID: memcached (path: nfs01.cl2000.ams1.nl.leaseweb.net:11211) (line 728 of /srv/psa03/petervigh.com/httpdocs/wire/core/Session.php) 
      The site has been up and running for many months and i have done no maintenance or updates on it since it went live and has been working flawless so far. 
      I've had no luck with googling this error, and I've no idea how to go about this.

This is my first time posting on this wonderful forum that has proven a very valuable source of troubleshooting since i started working with processwire a year ago.
      hope to receive some valuable tips and bear with me for my less than great knowledge of php in general

Jonathan 

• By jello_arch
      Hello, just installed and the link "login to admin" takes me to a blank page.  the url is processwire/processwire but there is not processwire directory inside the processwire directory. What is this supposed to be pointing to?