Importing Database throw an error?

Speed

I have no issues exporting database from localhost using MAMP. But I am having issue importing it to live host.The phpMyAdmin throw an error "#1046 -- No Database selected." Even thought I've already selected them before exporting. Does anyone have idea? 

dbError.JPG

Other thing... I am getting 500 internal server error when I transfer entire pw files from local to host through ftp.  What did I do wrong. Is there a official tutorial transferring PW files and data from local to server?

files.JPG

That error means that you didn't select a db in PHPMyAdmin before clicking the Import or SQL tabs.

The 500 error could be several things. Make sure you have debug mode on and read through this: https://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/troubleshooting-guide/ and this: https://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/installation-moving-and-troubleshooting/

• Like 1

The 500 error could have to do with the .htaccess file and the way apache handles requests on your Local server vs the Host one ^^ Or it could be user permissions on the Host server... (or something similar)

I'd check out the apache error log if I were you ^^

EDIT:

Wait one second, are you getting the errors while copying?? *_* (Not sure how this works .-.)

Or do you mean, you copy and then try to access the site and you get 500'd?

• Like 1

@adrian 

21 hours ago, adrian said:

That error means that you didn't select a db in PHPMyAdmin before clicking the Import or SQL tabs.

Yeah that! Actually the problem was... the new database haven't been created before I could import it.  I am going to try Joss Sanglier steps and see if it will solve my case. 

@LimeWub 

12 hours ago, LimeWub said:

Wait one second, are you getting the errors while copying?? *_* (Not sure how this works .-.)

Or do you mean, you copy and then try to access the site and you get 500'd

The original Processwire files was installed at local. I used FTP to copy/duplicate/transfer files from localhost to webhost. I got 500'd when I ran page in browser.  I believe it's gonna be .htaccess related. But I haven't yet to know what to look for. 

@FrancisChung Its a nice tool... I could use that for future.  Although I have already solved issues with SQL, it was my error. 

EDIT: 

The error 500 is a real pain, I 've tried this step https://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/troubleshooting-guide/  it didnt work for me not after phasing out every lines. Now I only wonder, would this be easier if I'd just install PW directly to web host, then copy or transfer files folders etc except for .htaccess from local to webhost? What are your suggestion? 

19 hours ago, Speed said:

EDIT: 

The error 500 is a real pain, I 've tried this step https://processwire.com/docs/tutorials/troubleshooting-guide/  it didnt work for me not after phasing out every lines. Now I only wonder, would this be easier if I'd just install PW directly to web host, then copy or transfer files folders etc except for .htaccess from local to webhost? What are your suggestion? 

I think I had to manually deploy from memory and ran into similar problems.

Had to get the Host Site Support to fix my .htaccess ....

So from then on, i just rsync between deployment machine <-> Webhost and not touching the .htaccess file (Making sure there's backups of that too)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FrancisChung said:

Webhost and not touching the .htaccess file  (Making sure there's backups of that too)

Backup, of course Always! :)

After five tries of PW installation and transferring between localhost to webhost, including different settings, template, modules. I find that .htaccess is less culprit in my case.  But after done several researches,  .htaccess can be the problem for many reasons...

depending on web hosting you use, some may require technical assistance for security purpose, the level of the package you use, Indexes Options to be phased out and replace with hosting's brand. Or even FTP software you use that could not copy and paste .htaccess from local to host like cyberduck (windows version) which I just found out and I had to use filezilla instead. The best and promising solution is to log into hosting's cPanel > File manager and pick up .htaccess from local folder.  

• Like 1