Long-click modal actions

ottogal

The time for triggering the Long-click modal actions (introduced in PW 3.0.9) should be slightly longer to avoid erraneously opening a modal window. Some editor users (who normally don't use it) get irritated when the reaction to their "short" click is unusual.

$.longclick.duration is set in /wire/modules/Jquery/JqueryCore/jquery.longclick.js (and it's minified version!) at line 61, so you could change the value there, but this is not recommended since core update will overwrite your changes.

You need to set jQuery.longclick.duration to override the default value:

jQuery.longclick.duration = 2000

I'm working on a module that adds JS tweaks to the admin, including some tiny modules/snippets created by me & netcarver, and this now includes this tweak too.

Sneak preview:

post-3156-0-52915600-1464248416_thumb.pn

As you can see there's room for other tweaks so if you have something to add, please tell.

• Like 5

@matjazp

Is it necessary to modify both the files jquery.longclick.js and jquery.longclick.min.js?

Alternatively, is it possible to override them (or it) by a modified version located in /site/modules/? What should be the right path?

@tpr

Looking forward to this module, seems interesting! (No suggestions atm to add, though.)

Add this to /site/ready.php:

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

// modify longclick duration
$page->addHookAfter('render', function ($event) {

if ($this->page->template != 'admin') return;

$js = <<< HTML
 <script>
 $(document).ready(function () {
    if (jQuery && jQuery.longclick) {
        jQuery.longclick.duration = 2000;
    }
});
</script>
HTML;

$event->return = str_replace('</body>', $js . PHP_EOL . '</body>', $event->return);
});

• Like 6

It's jquery.longclick.min.js at least this is used in my installation. File is minimized and difficult to edit. This is not a recommended path (as I already mentioned), since core upgrade will overwrite your changes. The right path is by using AdminCustomFiles module: install the module, create folder /site/templates/AdminCustomFiles and create the file ProcessPageList.js with something like that:

$(document).ready(function(){  
  jQuery.longclick.duration = 2000;
});

Note: written in browser and not tested.

Or you could hook on Page::render (in some module or ready.php) and inject the script. Or wait for tpr's module :-)

Edit: tpr beat me :-) fast->faster->tpr

• Like 5