Update 3.05 to 3.06 not possible

Juergen

Today I have tried to update from 3.05 to 3.06 but I always get the following error message in the backend.

Unable to locate ZIP: /home/......../web/site/assets/cache/ProcessWireUpgrade/devns.zip 17 secs 

Is updating PW from the backend in version 3 not possible at the moment?

Best regards Jürgen

I have updated 2 websites overnight from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6, with no problem.  I just updated another 3.0.5 site to 3.0.6 successfully in the last 5 minutes.  

You may want to check that your ProcessWireUpgrade module has been updated to the latest version (0.0.6 I believe).

Did you check if everything is writeable in your destination folders ?

Yes

You may want to check that your ProcessWireUpgrade module has been updated to the latest version (0.0.6 I believe).

Yes everything is up to date.

I have updated it manually. I will check if the same issue happens during the next update.

Thanks for your help

Just out of curiousity and for trying, I upgraded a local dev site on laptop from version 2.7.2 to dev-3.0.6

php 5.4.12 with PDO

There are many ways to upgrade but no matter what way I try I always get this error message:

Error: Exception: Filename doesn't exist: Z:/web/site/templates/Z:/web/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/layouts/_home.php (in Z:\web\wire\core\TemplateFile.php line 104)

#0 Z:\web\wire\core\WireFileTools.php(434): ProcessWire\TemplateFile->setFilename('Z:/web/site/tem...')
#1 Z:\web\wire\core\Functions.php(463): ProcessWire\WireFileTools->render('Z:/web/site/ass...', Array, Array)
#2 Z:\web\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\templates\home.php(11): ProcessWire\wireRenderFile('Z:/web/site/ass...')
#3 Z:\web\wire\core\TemplateFile.php(218): require('Z:\web\site\ass...')

Edit:

This could be something with my server paths

I will setup a default server with default server paths and have a look again.

Tried with different server same upgrade 2.7.2 to dev-3.0.6

Same error. This is not server path related. I will have a look later on.

Error: Exception: Filename doesn't exist: E:/UniServerZ/www/site/templates/E:/UniServerZ/www/site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/layouts/_home.php (in E:\UniServerZ\www\wire\core\TemplateFile.php line 104)

#0 E:\UniServerZ\www\wire\core\WireFileTools.php(434): ProcessWire\TemplateFile->setFilename('E:/UniServerZ/w...')
#1 E:\UniServerZ\www\wire\core\Functions.php(463): ProcessWire\WireFileTools->render('E:/UniServerZ/w...', Array, Array)
#2 E:\UniServerZ\www\site\assets\cache\FileCompiler\site\templates\home.php(11): ProcessWire\wireRenderFile('E:/UniServerZ/w...')
#3 E:\UniServerZ\www\wire\core\TemplateFile.php(218): require('E:\\UniServerZ\\w...')

Does it work if you change line 412 in core/WireFileTools.php from this:

} else if($options['defaultPath'] && strpos($filename, '/') !== 0) {

to this:

} else if($options['defaultPath'] && strpos($filename, '/') !== 0 && strpos($filename, ':') !== 1) {

?

/edit/ This is addressed at pwired.

• Like 3

@pwired Your issues seem different than Juergen's. In your case it might be a problem with the FileCompiler, which is new in PW3, looking for or trying to create certain files in site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/

It could be that the upgrade process from 2.X to 3.X does not take this into consideration.

• Like 1