Thanks LostKobrakai

rick

I'd like to thank LostKobrakai for this excellent tutorial included in the Dec 25, 2015 blog post regarding custom page types. If you haven't read it yet, please do so. It is contributions like this by the senior members that prove selecting ProcessWire was the correct decision for this ProcessWire-Newbie. :)

I am impressed at what I have learned within the functionality of ProcessWire, and discovering avenues I hadn't yet thought about.

It is indeed a merry Christmas.

I also want to thank all staff members. They deserve our gratitude for the time they dedicate to helping us learn ProcessWire, and the many avenues available with each project. For example, kongondo contribution is another great example of the team in place here.

My hat is off to Ryan and his team for giving of their time and sharing their knowledge.

In addition to the regular staff, there are many members, such as Kixe, Tom, (and too many others to name them all here) that also deserve recognition for their contributions and assistance. It is greatly appreciated.

I am certainly looking forward to ProcessWire 2016 ;-)

Edited by rick
  • Like 23

I double the thanks! I think LostKobraKai's posts around the forum are a damn awesome source of learning, short elegant code filled answers right in your face!

But certainly can't stop thanking here, there is so much talented and experienced people giving away so much valuable advice, I had forgotten how important a community can be when learnimg new stuff.

And no, I'm no that drunk yet! But already feeling sentimental lol

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I have to hop in on this and portray my thanks to LostKobraKai and everyone else on this forum! Everyone is so helpful and (and luckily for me) ignores my dumb/simple questions to help me out. As someone still learning php and processwire, it can be overwhelming trying to achieve what is in my head with the limited knowledge that I have thus far. 

• Like 6

I would like to include my thanks too, LostKobraKai, Kongondo, Adrian, Ryan and all the others i can't name now.

This forum's great for newbies like me. It can be really overwhelming and irritating to code sometime, but in the end you always get there with the help of the generous staff-members.

Thanks again!

All the best 

Jakob

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

From a noob on the outside looking in, I feel a need to state the obvious. I have been spending a fair amount of my time lately installing and working with a few of the 'popular' CMS offerings. I haven't honestly decided what product I'm going to go with yet. For the type of sites I hope to be doing, PW might be overkill. But that's off topic here. Just speaking from my own observations so far.... The Processwire forums and community easily outshines the others ... overwhelmingly.

I am not going to name names and I'm just guessing that the accompanying argument from the competition would be something like 'Well , there's only so many hours in a day, and we're a small group of developers with other jobs, family , etc , so whatever time we can spare, we put it into development , patching, etc.'. And that argument is a completely valid one.

The point is though, that it appears a number of people involved with PW, with I'm sure the same obligations,  ARE taking the time to make the community here what it is - very knowledgeable , very friendly and VERY valuable to those who otherwise might be Googling for hours on end looking for a solution, and we all know how much fun that can be. Well maybe not all of us, but I know I have been there on more than one occasion because the so called documentation was outdated, couldn't find an answer in the 'forum' and I wasn't in the mood to walk through the code with XDebug that day.  :D  Anyway, I have rambled enough. Thanks again to ALL. You ALL have a GREAT community here.

• Like 14