Sanitizer pageName and french closing quote ("«")

Webrocker

Hi,

I just stumbled across this:

We have a title of an Event "»The Good Ones« – The Last show" (excluding the double quotes).

From this a PW page is created via the API and the title is used for the page name, but is sanitized with "$Sanitizer->pageName(title,Sanitizer::translate);"

This results in "the-good-ones" -- everything following the "«" is stripped. If the "«" is the first char in the title -- "«The good ones» – The Last Show" -- the the page name is empty.

I traced the pageName -> name -> nameFilter  chain in wire/core/Sanitizer.php, but I don't see an obvious point where this could be caused, only that this must be inside the "if $beautify...." clauses. My guess is, it is in the nameFilter function, but there's a lot going on with multibite and ASCII stuff, which is quite over my head.

Can somebody else confirm this? (PW 2.6.21 / with Multilanguage activated)

thx
Tom

hi tpr,

thank you, but it seems like pageNameTranslate($val) is the same as pageName($val,Sanitizer::translate) ?

public function pageName($value, $beautify = false, $maxLength = 128) {
        return strtolower($this->name($value, $beautify, $maxLength, '-'));
    }
public function pageNameTranslate($value, $maxLength = 128) {
        return $this->pageName($value, self::translate, $maxLength);
    }

What helps in my case is to add "« -" in the InputfieldPagename translation settings.

cheers,

Tom

• Like 1

Looks so. I haven't looked into the code but yesterday I had a same situation where it helped. So as it turns out the character that was missing for me was in the InputfieldPagename translation settings.