Where to begin (structure)?

Martijn

G'day folks.

Started dabbling with PW and i must say, between all the confusion, i am impressed. I am used to Joomla and Wordpress and this is something different. And i like it.

But it has me a little stumped. I am trying set up a site to use internally at work. The annoying/weird thing is I want both information about organisations (several types) and individuals to be displayed. An individual can belong to multiple organisations, but similar, multiple organisations can belong to one individual.

So, here's me thinking that if i have 2 templates (org and ind), and i make both the parent and child, it may work, but no. Evidently one template cannot have the same parent and child, it wouldn't show in the template drop down when creating a new page.

Is there a way around this? Is there a way to have the same page (not a copy of it) belong to multiple folders? Or am i approaching it wrongly all together?

As i said, i am new at PW, i have a decent knowledge of HTML, CSS, PHP and database structutres in general. But i am stumped on how to get this to work. Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Martijn

I would set up the structure similarly, and set the relations on each item individually with two new Page fields ("parent organizations" and "members", for example). Of course this setup needs individuals to be put under parent "ind", and organizations under "org".

If you are concerned with how to find members of an organization or vice versa, you can use the Finder.

Just a bit of a follow up question...

If i have organisations A,B,C, etc and people 1,2,3, etc i amcurrently linking person 1 with org A by means of page fields, which works fine.

I also then go into org A and link it with person 1. Is there a quicker way to do this? There are some people linked with 10+ organisations...

I suppose... Data structure is fairly straightforward (at least, it is in my opinion).

4 different org types, each in their own subfolder/template. One type of individuals (aren't we all just the same ;))

I'll have a look at how it registers in the mysql, might see if i can make heads and tales of it from there.

And that side note: As i haven't updated my FB Profle pic in 6 years... i don't see me putting an avatar on anytime soon. (als je begrijpt wat ik bedoel (en ik mis die olie b bommel film))

• Like 1