Previous PW Release Dates?

Lance O.

btw, I vote for an informational page similar to the following (maybe linked from the public Road Map), so that when a visitor is investigating ProcessWire and wants to know the frequency of previous updates, they are able to find it without having to perform a search in the forum or visit another site.

https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Versions

• Like 1

Yeah, still not helpful for my (potential) clients.

The default CMS in my locale is WordPress. Everyone here knows what WordPress is, but 99% haven't heard of ProcessWire. So sometimes selling ProcessWire as a solution is a difficult task, despite ProcessWire's obvious advantages.

Potential clients that are on the fence will usually do their own research on the ProcessWire site. Providing release dates of previous versions in the "About" section of the site seems like a logical location for this type of information, since that is where most of my clients end up first.

I'll also add that one of the criticisms of WordPress is the frequency of the updates. Clearly ProcessWire isn't updated as often (which isn't a bad thing). Wouldn't making this information easier to find be to ProcessWire's advantage?

The default CMS in my locale is WordPress. Everyone here knows what WordPress is, but 99% haven't heard of ProcessWire.

Processwire is chosen, wordpress is followed.

So sometimes selling ProcessWire as a solution is a difficult task, despite ProcessWire's obvious advantages.

This is your task to present to your clients "popular" (wordpress) or "effective" (processwire)

How this works has been discussed already, you can find informative posts about this in the forum.

I like ProcessWire, and I've used it on almost every project in the past three years. But to state this in the way that you have is borderline trolling. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but in my world, things aren't as easily defined in black and white. And they aren't for my clients, either.

• Like 2

discussed or not, i think lance's point is valid and i also think it would not be a mistake to have such a list either under about or under "download" where i would have looked for it. maybe with a little hint that updates are only necessary if you want to get the newest features and NOT because of security issues and everybody should be happy :)

• Like 1

but 99% haven't heard of ProcessWire.

but in my world, things aren't as easily defined in black and white.

Processwire is chosen, wordpress is followed has nothing to do with defined in black and white in your world.

Processwire is chosen by those after first having worked with other cms systems that did not satisfy.

It is simply the reason why 99% hasn't heard of Processwire. Wordpress is followed because it is

"so popular" and "so easy to use". Nothing new here.