Admin Helper Modules

owzim

Dzień dobry girlz n boize!

One thing just came to my mind, when reading Marcrura's new Module post: https://processwire.com/talk/topic/8477-processpageselectlinks/

There are many little helper modules out there that enhance the admin in neat little ways.

Perhaps there should be ONE Module (say ProcessWireAdminHelpers.module), which provides hookable methods, so that helper modules can hook into them to be shown on the ProcessWireAdminHelpers.module settings page. There you could enable/disable or apply settings for each. Then there would be a single entry point for stuff like this. I don't want to manage the settings for 20 different modules on 20 different module setting pages.

One person should take charge and design such a module, and module devs should then use it's hooks when creating little helpers schmelpers.

Any thought's on that?

• Like 3

<spam>Lot's of things can be done with AdminCustomFiles. Admin custom files has a lot of info in the JS var config.AdminCustomFiles which can be used to be build upon.</spam>

Recently I've ported FontawesomePageListLabel to a standalone JS file and included it with the module.

• Like 2

In a former CMS i used there was a kind of presets/filters for such things (extend js/css of the backend/frontend).

So like Admin custom files you can assign files to processes - you could additional provide some kind of preset configuration to load js/css and pack it together.

Lika a HannaCode System with import/export so solutions could easy shared?

regards mr-fan

<spam>Lot's of things can be done with AdminCustomFiles. Admin custom files has a lot of info in the JS var config.AdminCustomFiles which can be used to be build upon.</spam>

Recently I've ported FontawesomePageListLabel to a standalone JS file and included it with the module.

Maybe make it easier to "hook" into that and provide files for installation? Only Upload a Zip file and it will be loaded in the right place.

Totally agree, that we don't need 20 modules for 20 super small tasks.

Steve (@netcarver) has written a parent - children system with Diagnostics. This sort of parent module recognizes and lists installed children in the configscreen and should provide some basic functionality: Martijn's AdminCustomFiles. Anything more that is needed?