Automatic Page Name Skipping Add New Step

Lars282

Hey all

I would like to skip the "Add New" step where users manually need to enter a page name for some templates.

I have found this http://processwire.com/api/modules/process-template/, where it says it should be possible in the template settings when you only allow one child. Is this a module? If so, where can I get it? I can't seem to find this in the modules list.

Or is it already part of PW core? 

Thanks for your help

Lars

I guess I am just to stupid to find it ..... ! Where will this option become available? Do I need to activate a module first?

What do I need to do in order to have names set automatically for pages below a defined parent? For the parent template, I have only selected one template that is allowed as a child, but cannot find the name format for children option.

Thanks 

Lars

On the 2.4 dev branch:

1. Edit template

2. Go to family tab

3. Choose single (1) template as Allowed template(s) for children

4. New section becomes visibly on the same Family tab, called "Name format for children"

No modules needed.

Edited by Pete
Clarifying it requires PW 2.4 dev
  • Like 2

You are using ProcessWire 2.4.0 (probably the master version) and you need the latest dev version (2.4.7+ or something). If you don't want to use a dev (which is not a stable version) you'll have to wait until 2.5 is released.

You can easily switch branches with git on the command line:

git checkout dev

Or download the dev version and replace the /wire/, index.php and htaccess.txt -> .htaccess files.

• Like 1