Hi,

I think it would be really helpful to have an alternative to the default filesystem for large sites or sites that are hosted on distributed servers where the files can be saved externally to the likes of Amazon S3 instead of the '/assets/files/' folder, especially considering that filesystem on servers have a limit of either 32k or 64k for folders/sub-folders.

This can be possibly achieved by creating a custom FieldType or a Module that can hook into the fileupload process, but having this built into the core would be a dream! :)  

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now