Can you move pages in to other tree?

bwakad

Since pages are assigned to templates, how to move them to another tree - if you wanted to?

I tried and received a permission error. Does that have to do with the template, tree-level or something else?

If the allowable child template settings for the destination page tree allow it, then there should be no reason you can't move the page, so it sounds like that might be what's stopping you. What does the permission error say?

It's either what adrian said, the destination parent page does not allow pages with the template of the page you are trying to move, or the template of the page you are trying to move has a setting for 'Allowed template(s) for parents' that restricts you from moving it.

Have you checked all of the template settings on the family tab of the templates involved?

Are you still using the Skyscraper demo?

If you are, I strongly suggest you just download the default PW installation, do not add any other profiles, and start from there.

Then you will have a clean starting point with very minimal content or markup to mess you up - you can just delete all the content and start from scratch with what you need to learn.

You will get on a lot faster, I suspect.

• Like 1