Could I become a web developer?

marek747

Hi, I am thinking about starting a business as a web developer in my country.

Right now i have knowledge of HTML, CSS and SASS... i have been playing around with webdesign for past year ...

and I am also working on a product to sell... but after it is completed I would like to learn some programming so I could offer making websites for clients (mainly web presentations for small and medium businesses ... at least at the begging)

I also want to offer all services around from custom webdesign to web hosting.

I was thinking about CMS i could offer to clients.

I have played around with Impress pages and it seems good for client needs really just simple stuff on their website like contact form, some photos, address, and some basic info... it has got nice drag and drop interface ... really simple ...

For something more complicated i could use PW since it seems to me really promising, although i don't know why ... i don't even now how to use it .. but i feel like it is something similar to the new perfect CMS that i thought up yesterday late at night in my head :D However, my coding knowledge is not on the level of making my own cms :D so i am thinking about learning some PHP, JS at codeacademy.com and then learning processwire.

So at first i would like to ask you if you think i am on the right track. ... and what knowledge do i need to use PW? how much time can it take to learn for example PHP and JS at codeacademy? I would also appreciate some tips on web dev business, working with clients, or some tips on books related to this,

Thank You!