I love Processwire

onjegolders

Just feeling the love today for this incredible system.

As with most great things, you tend to take them for granted after a while but I just had a realisation today of just how important ProcessWire is to my working life and the thought of having to use any other tool is too depressing for words!

Thanks once again Mr Cramer :)

• Like 16

Greetings,

Yes...

Several times a week, I have an urge to post something like this! For me, with recent experiences in Joomla/Drupal/WordPress fresh on my mind, I can make direct comparisons to many core ways of working. As time goes on, and my "big three" experiences fade away, I do find myself forgetting specific details. But what I never forget is the feeling of frustration and how long it took to get projects up and running in the other CMSs, and the freedom we have in ProcessWire to just make our visions happen.

It's interesting you post this today. Recently, I have been wanting to search the web for any discussions comparing CMSs and make sure that more people understand that it's not only about "the big three."

Thanks,

Matthew

• Like 1

ProcessWire gives me the old Apple feeling back. ( talking about 10/15 years ago)

But we have our own Steve Jobs!

Ryan Cramer has the vision, the knowhow and the social aspect we all adore.

I love the things that are not in the admin, and how to handle all those other aspects. (api)

I don't want a assets manager ( if there's no reference )

I don't want endless settings on a shared place.

I don't want to explain ( in tutorial ) how a site works.

I don't want to use some kind of TPL language inserting logic in a textfield.

I don't want a headache to get data.

All the above I can easily build/do with ProcessWire, the fact that I can I really love.

• Like 5

I love it when you have to try something new, perhaps only display data under certain circumstances, exclude certain pages or display things conditionally and you think "Ok well I'll just have a go before I go and look up how to do it". Refresh the page and "It worked!" :)

I think to make up for finding this way too easy thanks to PW, I'm going to install Wordpress and then use 3 different plugins to create "custom fields". That ought to teach me.

• Like 3

Greetings,

I agree with everything being said here.

On a related idea...

Lately, I've been experimenting with SVG layouts, and when you combine that with the dynamic capabilities of ProcessWire you enter a whole new world of possibility.  I've been meaning to set up a discussion on this to share our ProcessWire/SVG explorations.

Thanks,

Matthew

• Like 1

One of the best compliments I can give ProcessWire/Ryan (and all the other amazing contributors) is that I no longer think about CMSs. I just think about making things - knowing that whatever I come up with will be possible with ProcessWire.

Can ProcessWire do (x)?

Yes, in several devastatingly simple ways.

Everything else feels like a kludge when compared.

• Like 5

Greetings,

Renobird: I agree. However, I still have several legacy Joomla projects where I am getting clients to make the move to ProcessWire. The number is dropping, but there are enough of them to keep reminding myself of how Joomla pales in comparison.

Which brings me to another major praise for ProcessWire: it is easier to re-make a site from scratch with ProcessWire than it is just to maintain a Joomla site with all its plugins and modules and conflicting Mootools messes.

Soon, these legacy contracts will come to an end, and they will all have to be on ProcessWire!

Thanks,

Matthew

• Like 1