How to put the original TinyMCE image features back?

MarcC

I have a client using Plugobrowser, and they want to use the TinyMCE image editor functionality to edit images they insert with this plugin. So, they double-click, and ideally the old TinyMCE dialog comes up. Possible? I thought I saw a SomaPost about it but I can't find it. Thanks.

In order to do that, the "pwimage" plugin needs to come out of the TinyMCE plugins list. Since this one is hard-coded in the InputfieldTinyMCE.js file, you might need to edit that directly. You'd want to remove the reference to "pwimage" in the two spots where it appears:

var InputfieldTinyMCEPlugins = ['pwimage', 'pwlink', 'advimagescale', 'preelementfix'];
tinyMCE.settings.plugins += ', -pwimage, -pwlink, -advimagescale, -preelementfix' + custom_plugins;
  • Like 1

Hi Ryan, thanks for that information. Can the two coexist? For example, can I somehow enable two image buttons, and make the double-click action open the original TinyMCE dialog?

Simplest is to move a copy of TinyMCE to your site modules folder and rename to something else MyTinyMCE on all code. Then you can leave out the pwimage plugin.