Changed tax setting for order by editing page and order broken

alexm

Hi @kongondo,

A customer has just had an order and charge taxes was on for one of the products that was ordered, so VAT was showing on the order.

They asked if I can switch it off and foolishly, I went and edited it under Admin -> Shop -> Padloper -> Orders and there was an option to disable taxes on the order, so I hit that and then save and the items have disappeared from the order. Is there a way I can manually add them back in?!! EEEEEEEEK

Hi @alexm,

Sorry, I saw this late.

3 hours ago, alexm said:

S'all good. I created 2 new children (order line items) under the order page and then went in the DB and added the relevant data in there

Yes, that's the easiest way to do do it. You could also have done this programmatically but much easier at the DB level especially if you don't have many line items. A third way would have been to recreate the whole order manually in the backend using Padloper but this would have meant creating a new order.

4 hours ago, alexm said:

They asked if I can switch it off and foolishly, I went and edited it under Admin -> Shop -> Padloper -> Orders and there was an option to disable taxes on the order, so I hit that and then save and the items have disappeared from the order. Is there a way I can manually add them back in?!! EEEEEEEEK

As you have found out the hard way, manual order creation and frontend orders are not compatible (for now) 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexm said:

Keep up the good work boss! Which reminds one! When are we all due a renewal fee to support the development time?!

Working on the installer (to handle the new features). I'm hoping to finish by next week and release 009 beta. Hopefully we are in for a Christmas treat 😄.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...