How can I display the shipping method chosen in the order and confirmation pages ?

Sonia Margollé

Sorry, me again. ^^"

I just realised that the chosen shipping method is not visible in the backoffice in the order page.
How can I add it ? The owner of the shop need to know how he need to send the products ? 

I would like to add some info on the confirmations pages (success for example) for the customer bases on the choice in shipping method,

like display the shop address if they had decided to come retrieve the order at the shop. 

in order-complete.php, if I bd $order, I can only see the shipping fee, and no info on the shipping method 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sonia Margollé said:

I just realised that the chosen shipping method is not visible in the backoffice in the order page.
How can I add it ? The owner of the shop need to know how he need to send the products ?

This is a great catch @Sonia Margollé! Currently we don't save this anywhere which is a design flaw on my part. I'll have a think but it looks like I'll have to add a field in the order table. I'll get back to you tomorrow, or latest Friday.

Thanks.

• Like 1

@kongondo Thanks ! Maybe saving the name of the shipping method and the delay (the between xx and xx days), or just an id that can help retrieving those infos. 
On the same topic, I hooked the getOrderCustomerSummary function to display the shipping address on the order page and not just the email and country. 

I made a biig kind of triple shop completely from scratch spanning a looots of years (you don't want to look at the code, I don't want to look at the code XD), but one thing I learned is : save everything and add description fields everywheeeere to add explanations for the clients for about anything in the shop. ?

Edited by Sonia Margollé
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Sonia Margollé said:

Maybe saving the name of the shipping method and the delay (the between xx and xx days),

Yes. Good ideas, thanks.

7 hours ago, Sonia Margollé said:

or just an id that can help retrieving those infos. 

This is not future proof. Similar to things like products and products titles, rates can get deleted, renamed, etc. Hence, for orders we want to 'freeze' the state of things when the order was made.

• Like 1

Hi @Sonia Margollé,

I have now released version 004. It updates the fieldtype order schema to include details of selected shipping rate name and delivery times. This is also now displayed in the GUI when viewing a single order as per the screenshot below:

shipping_details_single_order_view.thumb.png.0c80859d8f75ff1f92d16464d06e00fe.png

Please grab the latest version and test. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

• Like 1