Paginated variants on product edit screen

alexm

Top of the morning @kongondo, just wondering if you had given any more consideration to the paginated variations on the product edit screen like with your other variations module?

Just thinking ahead because of those products that we'd previously discussed where there are hundreds of variations. The other solution of course could simply be to break down products by colour and then simply list sizes as variations. But when these are both combined, this can result in hundreds of variations and loading all on one page request kills it.

Apologies if this is already on the to do list. Just thinking out loud.

Top of the evening, sorry for late reply @alexm ?.

11 hours ago, alexm said:

just wondering if you had given any more consideration to the paginated variations on the product edit screen like with your other variations module?

Yes I have. Plan was to release Padloper first then go through the list of planned and requested features. I have been thinking about it though. There's two things here. Lazy loading and pagination. The former is more important as without that, for a variant-heavy page, the product won't load at all, even though one might have to scroll a lot (if no pagination). But this is definitely on my list. Thanks. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kongondo said:

The former is more important as without that, for a variant-heavy page, the product won't load at all, even though one might have to scroll a lot (if no pagination). But this is definitely on my list. Thanks.

Yes! This is a very good point. And then I assume there would be an issue with Max Post Vars if there were too many variants too, depending on people's PHP settings. Hmm

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @alexm,

Lazy loading (htmx-ajax) of product variants is now implemented. I have not yet implemented pagination. Still having a think about that. To set the threshold for dynamic loading of product variants please see the Details Tab of the field 'padloper_runtime_markup'.  Settings are:

• -1: No lazy (ajax) loading.
  • 0: Always lazy (ajax) load.
  • > 0: Lazy (ajax) load if the quantity of the product variants for the product being edited exceed specified threshold.

Thanks.

runtime_markup_product_variants_dynamic_loading_threshold_setting.thumb.png.303d028f5598e5189a66c6f47477ec52.png

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@kongondo I've installed the latest version and I'm getting an issue whereby there are now 2 sets of Padloper Modules (Directories).

One located at site/modules/PadLoper/ and one at site/modules/ProcessPadLoper/

So I have to specify which version of the duplicate files I want to use for each of the individual modules (please see the couple of attached screenshots for example).

To view the new details tab for the Runtime Markup field I have to specify the version located at /site/modules/ProcessPadloper/FieldtypePadloperRuntimeMarkup/FieldtypePadloperRuntimeMarkup.module

Screenshot 2022-06-19 at 23.31.30.png

Screenshot 2022-06-19 at 23.34.27.png

It doesn't appear to be working for me when I check the network in the console. I can see that all products are loaded without ajax when the 0 (always ajax) is selected, though having said that, I don't know weather it's due to two versions of all module files existing in two directories and which version is being loaded.

8 hours ago, alexm said:

I've installed the latest version and I'm getting an issue whereby there are now 2 sets of Padloper Modules (Directories).

Any reason why you installed the latest version on top of the older version instead of overwriting the files in the original install? 

• Like 1

Erm, other than the fact that it was late at night and that's how I update other modules, so just auto-piloted... no ?

I'll remove/rename the old version and rename new and see what's what!!

Thanking you kindly sir

7 hours ago, alexm said:

That's the ticket! It's rapido on setting 0!

Thanks for confirming! Looking forward to seeing your 700+(??) variants ?.

7 hours ago, alexm said:

I feel warm and fuzzy.

Probably the heat wave mate ?. Seriously though, glad it's working.

• Haha 1

The heatwave certainly helps. The warm feeling, but the fuzz is definitely the ease of use and all of the cool features with Padloper 2. I've just migrated a store from v1 to 2 (albeit in a very basic format at the moment i.e. no htmx/ajax), but it was painless. Need to sort the styling out next. Only started yesterday, so for ANYONE who sees this message and has concerns about migrating and updating to Padloper 2, I wouldn't hesitate. The benefits far outweigh the time and labour. Even down to the use of the shop dashboard. It's just all round enjoyable. 

This store with the 700+ variants is on hold whilst I just clear the decks of a bit of work, as that one is a side business that I have. But when that one is done, which it definitely needs to be, I'll show you mate ?

• Thanks 1