Peter Knight

Auto delete old sessions in DB

How do you guys handle large session tables when sessions are being recorded to the database?

I notice one of my sites has a session table of over 14MB 

Am I missing a way in the Admin or a module to auto-remove any sessions older than X days?

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By derelektrischemoench
      Hi guys,
      I'm facing a somewhat strange issue here which I can't quite wrap my head around. 
      I have a PW site in development which runs on three machines simultaneously, one staging server which is accessible as a preview instance for my customer, my PC and my laptop. 
      I have three completely identical settings on each of the three machines (same apache version, same php version, same codebase, same database); however on my PC I am unable to log into the backend. I get no error message or anything, when I try to login; i just get redirected to the login  page. I have already enabled database driven sessions (I enabled them on my laptop, then I dumped the database and copied it to my pc); I have cleared the cache directory; I cleared the sessions in the database; I cleared my browser caches, I tried different browsers, all to no avail; I am unable to login when using my pc, the instances all have the same .htaccess.
      Is there something I'm missing here or does anyone have a clue as to what my issue here might be? I'm using processwire 3.0.123
      Thanks for any input, greetings
      derelektrischemoench

//edit: I've noticed something interesting; despite the directories of my web folders being the same layout; when I open the admin page i get a 404 on the processwire/ resource in the networks panel of chrome; on my laptop I get a  200.... I guess this is where my problem is; but why?

• By derelektrischemoench
      Hi guys,
      I'm facing a somewhat strange issue here which I can't quite wrap my head around. 
      I have a PW site in development which runs on three machines simultaneously, one staging server which is accessible as a preview instance for my customer, my PC and my laptop. 
      I have three completely identical settings on each of the three machines (same apache version, same php version, same codebase, same database); however on my PC I am unable to log into the backend. I get no error message or anything, when I try to login; i just get redirected to the login  page. I have already enabled database driven sessions (I enabled them on my laptop, then I dumped the database and copied it to my pc); I have cleared the cache directory; I cleared the sessions in the database; I cleared my browser caches, I tried different browsers, all to no avail; I am unable to login when using my pc, the instances all have the same .htaccess.
      Is there something I'm missing here or does anyone have a clue as to what my issue here might be? I'm using processwire 3.0.123
      Thanks for any input, greetings
      derelektrischemoench

• By helmut2509
      In my PW-Application there is currently no session timeout.
      I want to set the user session to 60 minutes which means that after 60 minutes of inactivity the user will be redirected to the homepage.
      so I added the following entry to my config.php:
      $config->sessionExpireSeconds = 120; (120 seconds is just for testing).
      But after five minutes of inactivity I am still logged in, there is no redirection.
      Is there anything wrong or did I miss something?
      In php.ini I have the entry:
      session.cookie_lifetime = 3600
    • By celfred
      Hello,
      I'm facing a weird issue here. I have a page loaded with this code inside (my comments in line ends) :

if ($session->allPlayers) { // Set in a head.inc file. I have also a $session->set('allTeams', $allTeams); in my head.inc   $allPlayers = $session->allPlayers; } else {   $allPlayers = getAllPlayers($user, false);   $session->set('allPlayers', $allPlayers); } bd($session->getAll()); // HERE, I get a number of 11 variables which is what I expect In the same page, I have a link pointing to ajaxContent.php that loads stuff via Ajax.
      I just write this in my ajaxContent.php to test :

bd($session->getAll()); // HERE, I get only 9 variables. All my newly set $session variables ($allTeams and $allPlayers) are not conveyed to ajaxContent.php ??? Would you have any idea why is that ??? Another thing : I have a $session->headMenu set in my head.inc, and this one works fine. I can retrieve it in my ajaxContent.php page.
      I've tried cleaning all caches but it doesn't change anything 😞 
      At first, I expected it to be a 15-minute update to my site... It turns out to be a 2-hour issue and I'm still  stuck.
      Thanks for your ideas ! 
    • By Peter Knight
      I have a demo site which I moved to a new VPS for client testing
      We noticed that leaving a page open and then revisiting the site can result in a 25 second(ish) to load time and will then throw a 500 Error.
      The hosting guys had a look and confirmed that the server is fine but the issue could be related to authentication or sessions.
      We are running Page Protector and ProCache so I wondered if there were any known bugs here and any recommended actions.
      My actual PW log doesn't show anything but the server log has plenty of these

2018-12-06 08:14:00 Error xxx.141.1x.101 500 POST /who-we-are/ HTTP/1.0     1.58 K Apache access 2018-12-06 08:14:45 Warning xxx.141.1x.131   mod_fcgid: read data timeout in 45 seconds, referer: http://demo.abc.not/who-we-are/       Apache error 2018-12-06 08:14:45 Error xxx.141.1x.131   End of script output before headers: index.php, referer: http://demo.abc.not/who-we-are/       Apache error 2018-12-06 09:03:18 Error xxx.141.1x.131   2614#0: *667 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading response header from upstream       nginx error Thanks
      P