File not uploading inside a repeater

Tom.

I'm having an issue where I can't upload an MP4 or WebM on v. 3.0.132 in a repeater. It's only uploading 10kb then giving the error "/tw/login/page/edit/…utfieldFileAjax=1:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED"

I thought it might be hitting the max upload, but it's not, I tried a 1MB MP4 it still failed at 10kb. 

Anyone come across this before?

EDIT: Doesn't need to be in a repeater, just isn't working

Once I missed to add the file extension to my files field. Took me some time to find that issue.

Another time something in Firefox messed things up. While it didn't work in Firefox, all other browsers or therefore the uploads from within those worked without problems. Never found out what it exactly was.

• Like 1

@wbmnfktr  I added another field with the same settings to see if it was mod security, but the same issue happened. Spoke to the hosting company and they said no firewall rules are being hit. The files have extensions and it's not working for the client either. I'm using Chrome ? 

That's... weird.

I'd try this now.

1. take whatever kind of files to test which will be accepted
  2. take the video files and change file extension to .txt or .pdf
  3. try weird file names and easy file names - long, short, letters, numbers, all in the mix
  4. keep an eye on the dev console for errors
  5. enable debug mode and maybe some sort of Tracy

Do your files have some sort of special names or characters in the names?

Are these files corrupt or are they not properly exported? Are these files real movie files or just MP3s (or other) renamed?

• Like 1