ProcessWire is sending mail via sendgrid.net

matjazp

Hi! Today I changed my email address associated with my PW forum account. PW sent an email to my new email but unfortunately, I didn't get it. Luckily I could change my email again to g*ail address and this time I received an email instantly. The from address is: "ProcessWire Support Forums ryan@processwire.com via sendgrid.net". G00gle explains:

You'll see "via" and a website name next to the sender's name if:

• The domain it was sent from doesn't match the domain in the "From:" address. For example, you got an email from john.smith@gmail.com, but it could've been sent through a social networking site and not Gmail.
  • The email was sent to a Google Group from a domain that has a "p=reject or p=quarantine" DMARC policy.

You can't remove the "via" next to someone's name. Gmail shows this information so you're aware of where your messages are coming from.

It looks like our (my company's) SMTP server doesn't accept "those" emails. Is there something that could or should be done in that regard? G00gle says this:

• If you send messages using a bulk mailing vendor or a third party affiliates, check out Gmail's Bulk Senders Guidelines, including: Publish an SPF record that includes the IPs of the vendor or affiliates which send your messages.
  • Sign your messages with a DKIM signature that is associated with your domain.
  • Make sure the domain in the "From:" address matches the domain you're using to authenticate your emails.

Looks like there is an

include:sendgrid.net

missing in processwire.com's SPF record. Your mail admin might be able to add an exception for processwire.com, but since there is a hard fail policy in the record, @ryan needs to change that in his DNS (or perhaps he has already done so but the change hasn't propagated to the DNS servers yet).

• Like 1

@BitPoet thanks. I'm sure we will not add an exception for processwire.com (or any other domain). I'm not sure Ryan is aware of this, as it looks like (looking at the SPF record) he was using mandril before. I hope this post will reach him somehow ...

10 hours ago, matjazp said:

I'm not sure Ryan is aware of this, as it looks like (looking at the SPF record) he was using mandril before. I hope this post will reach him somehow ...

I sent him a PM to be sure, new threads and mentions are probably easy to miss.

• Like 4